Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: Works Monday - Friday from 2pm - 10:30pm
JOB SUMMARY: The Sterile Processing Technician II is responsible for the decontamination, inspection, sterilization and inventory of the instrument sets. The Sterile Processing Technician will assist the hospital in obtaining needed supply items and instruments for procedures. The tech will maintain the sterile supply room as well as the decontamination area. The Sterile Processing Technician practices in concert with the Methodist Sugar Land Hospital’s values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates working knowledge of sterile technique related to sterile processing.
2. Demonstrates working knowledge of sterile processing equipment and supplies.
3. Maintains appropriate records such as logs, sterilization records and count sheets.
4. Assists materials manager in maintaining inventories. Monitors and orders supplies to maintain par level.
5. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
6. Organizes the work flow, problem-solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision.
7. Receives information from various sources that is assimilated and communicated in an accurate, timely, and effective manner.
8. Maintains an orderly environment that facilitates access to supplies, manuals and other resource information.
9. Generally works well with others to make contributions to the work effort as a whole and facilitates problem resolution. Communication to promote both efforts is clear, professional and appropriate to the age of the patient served.
10. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
11. Demonstrates Customer Service Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for 1 patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma or GED equivalent
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Two years experience in a sterile processing department in an acute care hospital
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Sterile processing certification required
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Excellent communication skills with English as the primary language. Attention to detail and solid interpersonal skills.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Manager Sterile Processing
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week: VariesJob Summary(Full-Time, Nights)SUMMARY This position exists to ensure functional and operational aspects of the Central Sterile Processing Department. The manager is ...
Certified Sterile Processing Technician II
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: Works Monday - Friday from 2pm - 10:30pmJob SummaryJOB SUMMARY: The Sterile Processing Technician II is responsible for the decontamination, inspection, ...
Sterile Processing Manager
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThis position exists to provide leadership and direction within the Central Sterile Processing Department (CSPD) for The Methodist ...