Category: Food Service
Job Type: PRN
Posted Date: Sept. 27, 2019
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F PRN Days
This position exists to ensure: Optimal medical nutrition therapy through. Individualized screening and nutritional assessment. Development and implementation of medical nutrition therapy care plans. Nutrition education. Monitoring through reassessment of response to nutrition care. Development of transitional feeding plan if indicated. Termination of nutrition intervention when clinically appropriate. Positive impact on quality and cost outcomes by assuring optimal medical nutrition therapy to minimize potential complications related to alterations of nutrition status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Screening, assessment, reassessment and medical nutrition therapy.
2. Oversees nutrition screening
3. Assesses nutritional status of patients identified at nutritional risk by evaluating: age, gender, diagnoses, past medical & surgical history, drug-nutrient interactions, food allergies, cultural/religious food preferences, etc.; individualized nutritional needs; anthropometric measurements; biochemical/microbiological indices; organ system function; physical assessment; diet history; medications; alterations of nutrient digestion, absorption or metabolism; socioeconomic status.
4. Develops and implements medical nutrition therapy care plan.
5. Ensures safe, cost-effective & appropriate medical nutrition therapy
6. Recommends and/or implements appropriate nutrition care.
7. Assesses patient`s and/or caregivers` learning needs.
8. Educates patient, caregiver, interdisciplinary team and / or intradepartmental team on nutrition information .
9. Assesses effectiveness of nutrition education
10. Evaluates response to nutrition care for patients identified at nutritional risk ¿ verifies written diet/nutrition support order prescribed by physician and evaluates clinical effectiveness and progress of nutrition care.
11. Facilitates communication of medical nutrition therapy care plan to assure continuity of care between patient care sites.
12. Suggests evaluation by adjunctive services as indicated.
13. Conducts training and mentorship when necessary.
14. Maintains annual professional portfolio for professional growth.
15. Completes self-evaluation for annual performance appraisal
16. Completes quality monitors
17. Completes activity / productivity & other reports on timely basis.
18. Identifies and documents evaluation of outcomes
19. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
20. Demonstrates SERVICE PRIDE standards.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
Baccalaureate degree in dietetics, food science, nutrition, institutional management or relevant field from an accredited university. Master degree in dietetics, food science, nutrition, institutional management or relevant field preferred. Completion of dietetic internship accredited by the American Dietetic Association
Preferred clinical nutrition experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current registered member of The American Dietetic Association. Current license by Texas State Board of Examiners of Dietitians
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Full competency in computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, and Hospital information system applications. 2. Full competency / skills in verbal and written comminication. 3. Must comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinances.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened in December 2000 to serve the comprehensive health care needs of the growing community in Northwest Houston. The 312 bed hospital has 17 operating rooms, and more than 1,900 employees. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been named a Magnet recognized health care facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® and was ranked No. 8 in the Houston metro area and No. 19 in Texas by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in 2016. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is Northwest Houston's regional leader in robotic minimally-invasive surgeries and specializes in cardiology and cardiovascular services, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, and comprehensive cancer services. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center, Imaging Center, Infusion Center, Sleep Center, Surgical Weight Loss Center and operates the largest Childbirth Center in the greater Northwest Houston area.
Room Services Concierge
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: VariesHouston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45 and includes two 150,000-square-foot medical buildings. The ...
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: Part-timeJob Summary08/2016JOB SUMMARYResponsible for taking diet orders from patients. Responsible for explaining which diet patients are on and answering questions regarding ...
Food Services Assistant
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: Day and Evening Shifts will be assigned on an as needed basis.Work Week: Monday - Friday. Will also be required to work weekends ...