Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
SUMMARY The Clinical Outcomes Analyst develops and analyzes administrative, clinical and demographic data for use in initiatives supporting Hospital quality and clinical effectiveness, regulatory agency compliance, clinical outcomes processes, peer review and clinical benchmarking endeavors. Utilizing a variety of internal and external data sources and software tools, the Clinical Outcomes Analyst serves a vital role in generating advanced analysis and report to evaluate patient care effectiveness and efficiency and physician practice pattern information to ensure that care is provided in accordance with current clinical guidelines and organizational standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides basic and advanced analysis of assigned hospital quality, clinical effectiveness, patient safety, physician practice patterns, peer review and performance improvement initiatives. Documents data sources, organizes and analyzes clinical and administrative data from multiple sources, and synthesizes results into audience-appropriate reports and presentations. Ensures that integrity of data being reported is accurate and valid. EF
2. Analyzes and interprets aggregated information to identify trends, variances, deficiencies, potential causative factors and opportunities for improvement. Incorporates analysis into scheduled and ad-hoc reports using statistical tools and standardized graphic models appropriate for data and in10ded audience both internally and externally. EF
3. Serves as a member of multidisciplinary performance improvement teams that work to develop, analyze and interpret measures for monitoring clinical outcomes and process improvement. Participates in the development and implementation of patient safety and performance improvement activities/projects.
4. Assists in the definition, development and implementation of processes necessary for aggregating information from various data warehousing systems to support the various functions of the department and external requests. Identifies the type and source of data needed, data conversion and mapping needed, data analysis and information to assist in performance improvement initiatives and other assigned projects. EF
5. Supports reporting requests of customers while complying with all physician privilege, patient confidentiality and HIPAA constraints.
6. Supports TMH external benchmarking initiatives by participates in the validation of externally reported data with internal source data.
7. Participates in the education of hospital staff in the use of risk-adjusted outcomes and external benchmarking tools.
8. Adheres to Performance Improvement Department Service Standards.
9. Demonstrates the componets of ICARE Values statement and complies with Business Practice standards. Demonstrates ServicePride standards.
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
11. Performs other duties as assigned. This position description is not in10ded to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Bachelors degree in quantitative analysis, business/healthcare administration, statistics or related discipline, required. Masters preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 2 or more years experience in healthcare decision support or similar information analysis role using large-scale decision support systems required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Desired: Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ).
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Proficient computer skills including spreadsheets, relational databases, presentation/graphics and word processing software. Intermediate knowledge of database design, database query languages, and MS Office is essential for success in this position (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word). Experience writing SQL queries in a large relational database environment preferred.
2. Attention to detail with a high priority for timely and accurate information.
3. Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. Ability to work independently, as well as on cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams.
5. Ability to manage multiple projects; strong time management/organizational skills are essential.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to interact with all members of the medical staff, healthcare team and leadership in a professional and courteous manner.
8. Knowledge of health system functions, medical terminology and standard coding systems (ICD9, CPT, MS-DRG, etc.) preferred, but not required.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Director Call Center-Willowbrook
Houston Methodist Primary Care Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryPOSITION SUMMARYThe ACM Call Center Director provides visible and proactive leadership to clients, internal partners, leaders and Call ...
Market Research Analyst
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryTracks brand imagery and marketplace performance and stewards results to the marketing team and broader HM organization. Conducts ...
International Referral Spclst-HMG Methodist USA
Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services, International
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYServes as the central point of contact for all incoming inquiries from patients, physicians, and guarantors to ...