Clinical Psychologist - Houston Methodist Hospital (GI Department)
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
- Job Ref:
- Talent Area:
- Job Shift:
- 1st - Day
- Job Type:
- Posted Date:
- July 12, 2023
At Houston Methodist, the Clinical Psychologist position is responsible for providing psychological expertise for the clinical, educational and consultative aspect of the behavior health program. This position performs direct patient care including assessment, evaluation and education by providing individual and group therapy and counseling.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 40%
- Performs psychosocial evaluations of patients in the behavioral health program to consider all variables that may impact treatment plans and outcomes for patients. (EF)
SERVICE - 20%
- Participates in interprofessional care coordination meetings at the request of providers, patients, patient families or staff. (EF)
- Oversees psychological evaluations and behavioral assessments and helps create a standardized level of care with interprofessional health care team. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Delivers psychological treatment to patients in the behavioral health program. (EF)
- Responsible for timely documentation and communication to all members of the care team. (EF)
- Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
FINANCE - 5%
- Participates in business development activities to establish referral pipelines. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 5%
- Help to establish new clinical care models and treatment programs specific to behavioral health. (EF)
- Maintains an awareness of current and changing trends, techniques, methods, and research in the field of clinical psychology and psychological therapy treatments for the specific patient population by attending workshops and professional seminars, reading journals, and external conferences in area of specialty/clinical discipline. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Doctoral degree in psychology, or other related field from an American Psychological Association (APA) accredited clinical psychology program. PhD or PsyD
- Eight years of experience in individual and/or group counseling
- Two years post-doctoral experience in a clinical psychology program preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Licensure from the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists (TSBEP) to practice in the state of Texas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations and standards pertaining to the provision of psychological services
- Ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnosis and/or proposed treatment in a manner easily understood
- Knowledge of psychological counseling techniques, educational development test administration and interpretation, and interviewing and psychosocial/developmental assessment skills required
|Other (dept. approved)||Yes|
|On-Call*||Yes, on a limited basis (for Exempt jobs only)|
|*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (i.e. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.|
|May require travel within||No|
|Houston Metropolitan area|
|May require travel outside||No|
|of Houston Metropolitan area|
|**Travel specifications may vary by department.|
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation’s leading centers for medical education and research. In 2022, U.S. News & World Report named Houston Methodist Hospital to its prestigious Honor Roll for the sixth time. Also, in this year’s rankings, Houston Methodist Hospital was named the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the 11th year in a row. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 946 operating beds, 85 operating rooms and nearly 8,500 employees, Houston Methodist Hospital offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducting nursing assessments, assisting …
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Sr Polysomnographic Technologist position is an experienced and fully competent Polysomnographic Technologist who works under the general supervision of clinical/medical director or designee to provide for comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This position performs advanced duties including the scoring of sleep studies and …
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II Department Premium position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II Department Premium position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, …