Work Shift: AS NEEDED
Work Week: Works on an as needed basis
JOB SUMMARY: The CT Technologist I completes a variety of routine diagnostic radiology procedures to include common and special CT exams of moderate complexity. Provides direct assistance to physicians with all diagnostic / special procedures. Delivers exceptional patient care and adheres to radiation standards and guidelines established by radiology agencies to ensure optimal patient safety and customer service. The Technologist is a member of the direct patient care team.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS:
I. Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one other to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner.
1. Performs diagnostic radiology procedures to include common and special CT exams. CT exams use x-ray images and computer processing to generate pictures of tissue density through the patient's body.
2. Provides care for the physical needs of patients by executing various CT scan concepts to maximize performance. This includes: positioning, physiology, procedure preparation, and technical factors. Modifies technical factors to achieve desired imaging results and recognizes complications / limitations associated with certain procedures. Proactively identifies how to address these for optimum outcomes.
3. Provides direct assistance to physicians during diagnostic or special procedures, including assisting with sterile technique.
1. Follows radiation safety standards and conducts all imaging procedures accordingly. Properly utilizes patient radiation protection and immobilization during diagnostic procedures. Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures, regularly practices aseptic techniques, and ensures compliance with infection control procedures. Complies with job, departmental and hospital safety standards, practices and policies
2. Reports "near misses" and inputs errors promptly into PSN to improve processes and identify trends. Contributes to identification of corrective actions and improvement activities, and contributes to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety.
3. Ensures all imaging equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed.
1. Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered.
2. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
1. Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities*.
2. Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Technologist.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Radiology Technology Program
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 0 years if ARRT (CT) registered, otherwise a minimum of 1 year of CT experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED to perform the Essential Functions of the Job:
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Echo/Vascular Sonographer- Woodlands
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Echo/Vascular Sonographer is an experienced sonographer who regularly, versus occasionally, performs a variety of routine and ...
Manager, Radiology Services
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY: This position exists to ensure the delivery of high quality radiological services through cost effective management of ...
Registered Nurse (RN) II - Radiology Imaging--$10,000 Sign On and Referral Bonus
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: M - FJob SummaryTHIS JOB OPENING OFFERS A $10,000 SIGN-ON BONUSPosition hours are 3p-11pDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. LEADERSHIPa. Provides care to ...