Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: Varied schedule
Responsible for the preparation and cooking of entrees, side dishes and other specialty products using the recipe collection provided. Prepares specialty dishes for catered events including physician dinners, employee recognition ceremonies, and other big profile events. Must maintain adequate production to support the needs of the patients, café, catering functions, and doctor¿s lounge. Reviews and maintains production records and cooling charts according to HACCPS guidelines.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Cook food products for patients, café, catering functions, and doctor¿s lounge. Maintain high quality, proper temperatures and garnish all plates. (EF)
2. Coordinates with the Production Chef and Food Service Coordinators to ensure scheduled meal preparation and/or meal delivery. (EF)
3. Follow HACCP program to include but not inclusive of: proper storage; cross contamination; proper food storage, thawing, cooking, cooling, reheating temps; wrapping, labeling & date marking; documentation of food temps and cooler/freezer temps. (EF)
4. Maintaining sanitation in work area. Cleaning immediate work area as you go and cleaning large equipment per posted cleaning schedule. (EF)
5. May assist in ordering and receiving of food deliveries.
6. Attend daily production meetings.
7. When preparing food for patients (cooking for trayline), must have knowledge of dietary restrictions.
8. Prepare food in timely manner.
9. Demonstrates proper portion and cost control.
10. Demonstrates I CARE Values.
11. Follows safety rules on the job.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED or 2 years of experience in lieu of education.
1 year of experience in restaurant, food services, health care or hotel setting.
Experience with recipe conversion is highly preferred.
Must have demonstrated ability to be creative with recipes, be able to multi-task and work under limited supervision.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Interpersonal skills to exchange factual information with various personal when preparing foods and to greet customers.
Analytical skills to read and interpret recipes can calculate measures in order to prepare quantities.
Knowledge of special diet cooking methods and basic cooking skills
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Food Services Coordinator - Evening
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: VARIESHouston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45 and includes a 150,000-square-foot medical building, which ...
Food Service Assistant
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: VariesJob SummaryThe employee is assigned to work in food service department areas and perform duties such as assisting in tray assembly ...
Clinical Nutrition Assistant I
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: VariesJob SummaryThis position has many diverse functions, which include educating patients on one (1) of two (2) dining services programs (Room ...