Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The Development Project Specialist for The Methodist Hospital Foundation will assist with infrastructure development/support and day-to-day management of all aspects of fundraising for support of the overall goal of increasing private support to TMHS. Primary responsibilities will include project work, meeting sets and preparation (including councils/ committees), and high level support to Directors for Development and program leads. Position will also assist with cultivation and stewardship events and the development of related materials. Position will be responsible for the collection, verification and entry of data in the fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge, including information queries, imports and exports. Prepares routine and complex correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc. Operates a personal computer and appropriate software packages, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Raiser’s Edge. Will have close working relationship with development officers and be cross trained in various areas of fundraising.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
FINANCE – 5%
SERVICE – 40%
GROWTH/INNOVATION – 5%
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor’s degree, experience in the health care industry a plus.
1 year of experience in event planning or in project management required, with 3-5 years of experience in a non-profit, health care, social services, higher education environment or institutional advancement preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Experience with fundraising campaigns or fund development preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills and PowerPoint skills.
· Editing experience and/or familiarity with the AP style guidelines.
· Flexibility and responsiveness in performing multiple projects simultaneously. Strong self-organization skills; ability to prioritize tasks and follow-through to meet expectations of multiple constituencies. Successful track record in project management a plus.
· Strong leadership, facilitation and presentation skills
· Strong conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to critically evaluate issues, options, and performance results, both quantitative and qualitatively.
· Ability to successfully manage relationships among all levels of the organization, both internally and externally. Proven ability to successfully interact with physicians, clinicians, administrators and external constituencies such as Board members, former patients, donors and fundraising colleagues in the local market
· Understanding of hospital operations and service line organization.
· A work ethic committed to the high standards of quality and customer service of TMH, including its I CARE values. Highly motivated and able to work well as team player is critical; willing to accept responsibility and be held accountable for projects.
For Development Project Specialist - Constituent Relations and Events (In addition to Core Knowledge, Skills and Experience)
· Polished oral, written, phone and e-mail communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative to meet deadlines in a time-sensitive, fast paced environment with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Skilled at managing multiple tasks and projects with conflicting priorities.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Program Project Manager - COR Administration
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThis position exists to coordinate processes and a system for matching the research and clinical interest of ...
Contract Analyst - Grant Contracts
Houston Methodist Research Institute, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY Under the direction of the Director: Grants and Contracts, the Contract Analyst is responsible for various duties, ...
Patient Access Coordinator- Cardiology Billing
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThe Patient Access Center - Patient Access Coordinator trains new patient access team members throughout the organization on ...