Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The Director provides operational leadership to case management and social work services for an integrated, multidisciplinary department that supports caregivers to provide the highest quality and clinically most appropriate care to patients while promoting the most cost effective utilization of the hospital`s resources. Provides leadership, guidance and direction to the staff as appropriate. Responsible for quality, functional excellence and accomplishment of operational objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans, budgets and organizes department to accomplish operational and strategic objectives and operates within budget. Sets priorities and goals in consultation with senior management. Responsible for the finances of the department.
2. Plans and organizes day to day operations and activities of the department. Sets priorities and functional standards, gives direction to staff as necessary.
3. Ensures that outcomes of management activities are integrated and maintained in a clinically appropriate manner. Works collaboratively and maintains active communication with physicians, nursing and other members of the multidisciplinary care team. Identifies and plan strategies to reduce length of stay and resource consumption while providing excellent customer / patient service.
4. Organizes, oversees and leads work efforts 0as appropriate to ensure the best possible delivery of service and high customer/patient satisfaction. Facilitates communication with hospital departments, payers and external case managers.
5 Promotes a satisfied, competent employee work environment by establishing a climate for growth and challenge, doing timely performance appraisals, providing development and mentoring of subordinates and staff. Develops subordinates to perform these same functions.
6. Hires, coaches, trains, disciplines and terminate staff as necessary. Develop subordinates to perform these same functions.
7. Responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state, federal and joint commission standards.
8. Demonstrates critical thinking in handling complex situations. 9. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence)
10. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards (smiles and make eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer.
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Report all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
12. Other duties assigned
Master’s degree required and degree in Nursing, Bachelors or Masters.
Minimum 3 yrs in a clinical setting, minimum 2yrs management experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements. Magnet recognized certification within 6 months of eligibility. HMH only- Must have Magnet recognized leadership certification within 6 months of eligibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Director of Critical Care and Emergency Services
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - F 178 beds, 224 physicians and over 800 staff members7 Sports Medicine clinics Job Summary4/2017JOB SUMMARYThe Director of Nursing ...
Nursing Manager - Med/Surg (2nd shift)
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: SECOND Work Week: M - F Also on the $380 million hospital campus, located at the intersection of I-45 and TX 242, is ...
Nurse Manager Med/Surg Nights
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week: M - FJob Summary25 bed pre/post Transplant Acute Care Surgical UnitThe Nursing Manager is a registered nurse who has 24-hour comprehensive ...