Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
SUMMARY This position exists to ensure that all Hospital Supply Chain needs are met in compliance with System policies and procedures and within industry standards. Ensures the highest level of customer service to Methodist St. John Hospital in support of hospital operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops department goals and objectives in support of Methodist St. John Hospital. Manages personnel and other resources to ensure goals and objectives are met.
2. Develops annual department budget and manages resources within budget guidelines.
3. Provides leadership and guidance to staff, ensures staff is fully trained.
4. Meets with customer base to ensure the highest level of customer service. Develops plans to continually upgrade service level.
5. Reviews, analyzes and recommends changes/enhancements to programs, processes, and policies to increase efficiency and effectiveness of Supply Chain Management within the Hospital. Implements approved recommendations and ensures compliance with all associated policies and standing operational procedures and regulations.
6. Serves as Hospital representative in all Supply Chain issues.
7. Manages product evaluations and implementations.
8. Serves as Facility Administrator for RASMAS, Staples, etc.
9. Participates in Hospital leadership meetings.
10. Serves as a member of appropriate committees representing Hospital and Supply Chain.
11. Serves as a liason between TMH and Information Technology to insure that the purchasing and inventory system software and hardware requirements are being met.
12. Provides guidance, support, and education to departments that maintain official inventory outside of Supply Chain.
13. Identifies inventory performance standards and ensures those standards are maintained in order to support departmental par levels.
14. Provides oversight and guidance to staff in management and execution of the patient supply charge system to include obtaining PMM and CDM numbers. Ensures charges are entered in a timely fashion based on established standards.
15. Provides leadership, oversight and guidance to staff, meets with customer base to ensure the customers needs are being met in accordance with established service standards. Develops plans to continually upgrade service level.
16. Resolves conflicts constructively and professionally.
17. Demonstrates ICARE values.
18. Performs other related work as requried.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital is one of the newest members of the Houston Methodist family—extending its healing mission to the many communities in the Greater Bay Area. Located on the shores of Clear Lake across from the Johnson Space Center, the facility offers advanced medical and surgical care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
Clinic Manager III-Cardiology Woodlands
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryPOSITION SUMMARYManages the daily operations for the front desk and the clinical operations of a primary care physician ...
Director of Nursing - VIP - Med/Surg
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThe Director of Nursing is responsible for the 24-hour management of the Inpatient Oncology nursing unit in terms ...
Regional Administrator - West Houston
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYPlans, directs and implements the financial, personnel, patient care, operational and human resource activities of multiple, off-site ...