Echo Sonographer II - Cardio Diagnostic Imaging (Days)
The Woodlands, TX 77385
- Job Ref:
- Talent Area:
- Imaging Services
- Job Shift:
- 1st - Day
- Job Type:
- Posted Date:
- Oct. 16, 2023
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. (EF)
- Assists with training new staff members and mentoring clinical students, to help build confidence in skills, knowledge and abilities.
SERVICE - 20%
- Performs cardiac echo studies, while ensuring precise and accurate data is transmitted for physician completion. Provides additional support for pharmacologic and exercise stress procedures, holter testing, EKG and/or cardiac event monitoring as well as advanced procedures when needed (i.e. TAVR). (EF)
- Provides care for the physical needs of patients when conducting the cardiac echo studies. As well as, educates patients who require inpatient or outpatient echo exams by providing explanations of purpose and techniques used during the exam. Proactively identifies issues and how to address them for optimum outcomes. (EF)
- Provides direct assistance to physicians and other health care team members during cardiac echo studies including, patient preparation before procedures and performs proper sterile techniques as indicated in support of the procedure.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Identifies and recognizes cardiac structures accurately, including: calculate valve area, pressure gradients and ejection fraction when performing echo studies. Confirms the quality of the study is concise and clear to optimize best images for the patient care team and interpreting physician. (EF)
- Identifies abnormal findings when performing exams or processing data and takes corrective action or communicates immediately, when appropriate, to proper personnel for the best results. (EF)
- Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures, regularly practices aseptic techniques, and ensures compliance with infection control procedures. Complies with job, departmental and hospital safety standards, practices and policies. (EF)
- Ensures all patient care equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed. (EF)
- Assists with implementation and education of departmental based safety initiatives and standards of practice.
FINANCE - 10%
- Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered, when applicable. (EF)
- Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities.
- Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Sonographer.
- Fosters a positive and constructive teaching environment by engaging students and co-workers in learning opportunities that are valuable and in alignment with business objectives.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills and competency assessments
- Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology/ Cardiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers
- Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing workflow and actively participating in problem solving
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital is committed to leading medicine in Montgomery County and the north Houston region by delivering the Houston Methodist standard of exceptional safety, quality, service and innovation. The growing campus offers 293 beds and access to the most innovative care. In January 2022, the hospital opened Healing Tower – a $250-million expansion project that added 106 beds, focused on medical/surgical and women’s services and nine operating rooms. It also included the expansion of the endoscopy center, emergency department and diagnostic imaging department.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands is recognized as a comprehensive stroke center, an orthopedic center of excellence by DNV, designated as a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, and has achieved Magnet Designation for nursing excellence from the ANCC. Houston Methodist The Woodlands is also ranked No. 1 nationally out of 148 members in the Complex Care Medical Centers cohort to be recognized for demonstrating excellence in delivering high-quality care based on the 2022 Vizient Quality and Accountability Ranking.
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducting nursing assessments, assisting …
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Sr Polysomnographic Technologist position is an experienced and fully competent Polysomnographic Technologist who works under the general supervision of clinical/medical director or designee to provide for comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This position performs advanced duties including the scoring of sleep studies and …
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II Department Premium position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II Department Premium position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, …