Work Shift: NIGHT
Work Week: Varies
The Echosonographer I is an echocardiographer with knowledge and skill to perform a range of standard and complex echocardiograms (TTE, TEE, Stress Echo, Bubble, studies, Contrast and 3D Echo). They use ultrasound to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data to aid the physician in the diagnosis of cardiac disease. Works closely with cardiologists, fellows and referring physicians both in the lab and while performing on call responsibilities.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
PEOPLE - 30%
1. Be able to interact and communicate effectively ¿ both orally and in writing with healthcare providers, including other sonographers, physicians, and nurses. (EF).
2. Perform patient assessments (EF).
1. Performs exams in a timely fashion to meet department turn-around-times quality requirements (EF).
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
1. Must be well-versed in medical terminology (EF).
2. Practices proper infection control, including precautionary procedures (EF).
3. Familiar with, and in compliance with, relevant laws regarding patient confidentiality and privacy (EF).
4. Takes personal responsibility for maintaining clean equipment and work area.
5. Must demonostrate proficiency in the performance of two-dimensional, M-mode, and Doppler (pulsed wave, continuous wave and color flow) echocardiographic diagnostic procedures. (EF)
6. Visalizes all cardiac chambers, valves, and vessels, with appropriate structural and blood flow measurements following a standardized protocol.(EF)
7. Uses independent judgment and systematic problem solving methods to produce high quality diagnostic information and optimize patient care (EF).
8. Documents abnormal echocardiographic and Doppler velocities that are indicative of cardiovascular pathophysiology must be accurately documented.(EF)
9. Proficient in the use, potential side effects and indicications for use of contrast agents (EF).
10. Acquire and analyze data obtained using ultrasound (EF)
11. Provide a summary of findings to the physician to aid in patient diagnosis and treatment (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
1. Must be capable of explaining the purpose of the echocardiographic examination to the patient and answering patients¿ questions (EF).
2. Will assume ¿on call¿ responsibilities as needed to insure that the department is adequately covered at all times, holidays and weekends included. (EF)
3. Adheres to the established professional performance standards of practice (EF)
4. Adheres to the Minimum Standards for the Cardiac Sonographer as outline in the ASE position paper.
5. Actively engages in innovations in patient experience to meet target patient satisfaction goals.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 5%
1. Participates in research protocols as directed by management and the Medical Director.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High School Diploma and successful completion of a IAC recognized echosonography program.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Currect BCLS license
Must posses one of the following credentials:
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Congential Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
Canadian Registered Carediac Sonographer (CRCS) Canadian Association of Registered Diagtnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP)
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge and skill in adult echocardiography to include, but not limited to, complete two-dimensional, Doppler (Color, Pulsed, And Continuous Wave), and Stress Echo (Exercise and Pharmacologic). Basic understanding and knowledge of complete interpretation of exams. Ability to communicate effectively in English, Bilingual is a plus
Basic computer skills with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Lead Front Office Clerk - Days
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Assists in developing and evaluating processes that pertain to clerical duties in department. Must ...
Echo/Vascular Sonographer- Woodlands
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Echo/Vascular Sonographer is an experienced sonographer who regularly, versus occasionally, performs a variety of routine and ...
Manager, Radiology Services
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY: This position exists to ensure the delivery of high quality radiological services through cost effective management of ...