Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M-F SOME WEEKEND
Uses ultrasound to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data to aid the physician in the diagnosis of cardiac disease. Performs pharmacologic and exercise stress echocardiography.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs echocardiographic procedures, including pharmacologic and exercise stress, that ensure high quality lab-based and portable studies.
2. Correlates clinical history with test to be performed. Refers to physician orders and patient's previous history for decision of appropria10ess or the echocardiographic procedures.
3. Properly labels all records and prepares charts for reading and interpretation. Capable of interpreting study but does not give an official reading. Reviews studies with interpreting physician.
4. Communicates effectively with patients of all ages, and family members, to contribute to the quality of the echocardiography procedure.
5. Participates in research protocols as directed by management and the Medical Director.
6. Complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
8. Assists in training of new staff sonographers and Fellows-in-training.
9. Demonstrates the ICARE Values statement.
10. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Methodist is firmly bound. Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Methodist on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, physical or mental disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic information or status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 73 operating rooms and over 5,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Lead Front Office Clerk - Days
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Assists in developing and evaluating processes that pertain to clerical duties in department. Must ...
Echo/Vascular Sonographer- Woodlands
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Echo/Vascular Sonographer is an experienced sonographer who regularly, versus occasionally, performs a variety of routine and ...
Manager, Radiology Services
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY: This position exists to ensure the delivery of high quality radiological services through cost effective management of ...