Category: Leadership Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Jan. 17, 2019
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Assure highly complex or highly visible construction / renovation projects are designed and completed in accordance with approved program, budget, and schedule, and in a manner consistent with Hospital needs, procedures and policies. This is done by being an effective liaison between the Hospital client department, and consultants, contractors, regulatory agencies, and others. The D&C Senior Project Manager must be able to manage several highly complex or highly visible projects simultaneously, and must be familiar with all aspects of healthcare facility design and construction.
1. Interacts with others in a supportive, respectful manner.
2. Acknowledges and respects individual and cultural differences.
3. Participates in projects, programs, and action plans to meet department goals.
4. Collaborates and shares knowledge to support the Methodist vision, mission, and goals.
5. Takes initiative to assist others.
6. Demonstrates the ICARE Values.
7. Demonstrates leadership while empowering, motivating and influencing project teams.
8. Mentorship of coworkers and customers.
9. Represents Methodist as an effective liaison between multiple departments, consultants, contractors, regulatory agents, vendors and others.
1. Utilizes department resources/supplies efficiently.
2. Identifies cost saving or revenue opportunities.
3. Manages time effectively to meet established timelines.
4. Maintains accurate records through project initiation, planning, procurement, design, construction and close out phases consistently monitoring scope, budget & schedule to ensure successful delivery of project with timely close out.
5. Navigates through diverse project constraints and often conflicting requirements; establishing the most effective, code compliant solutions that deliver the most functionality to the end users.
6. Updates project reports regularly. Informs management and stakeholders of budget, schedule and items of special interest or risks. Processes paperwork including AFEs, requests for proposals, contracts and purchase orders promptly maintaining project schedule and scope.
1. Provides timely, high quality information.
2. Maintains and achieves the highest standards of quality, delivery of care and service.
3. Continually measures and improves quality outcomes.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and behaviors related to environmental, employee, or patient safety requirements.
5. Complies with Business Practices standards for performance.
6. Facilitates and monitors compliance with Methodist design standards.
7. Maintains and contributes to a safe environment through the management of PCRA, ILSM, EHS, Utility Shut Down, and other Methodist life safety polices.
8. Assures projects meet or exceeds all codes and licensing requirements.
9. Coordinates and monitors construction activities ensuring consistent quality and execution throughout projects.
1. Responds promptly to internal and external customer requests.
2. Strives to exceed patients¿ and coworkers¿ expectations.
3. Provides a caring and supportive environment for patients and guests.
4. Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations and needs.
5. Demonstrates service standards (e.g. ServicePRIDE/ Methodist Experience/Service Excellence)
6. Works with clients to understand their needs and the development of project goals as well as leveling expectations.
7. Effectively communicates project status through reporting, paperwork processing and constructively resolving project issues. Responses are timely and accurate.
8. Meets commitments; delivers projects on time and on budget adhering to ICARE values.
9. Written documentation and follow up is timely and accurate when distributed to appropriate parties. Assures meeting minutes are issued as well as all roles and responsibilities are identified and communicated.
1. Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that improve quality or service.
2. Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in the face of changing demands.
3. Displays initiative to improve skills relative to job function.
4. Accepts feedback and changes behavior appropriately.
5. Approaches problems with an open mind and contributes to solutions.
6. Tracks lessons learned and shares valuable insights and knowledge with coworkers and teams.
7. Leverages resources and technical knowledge to solve complex and highly visible project issues.
8. Strives to continually improve skills and technical knowledge by maintaining continuing education requirements for professional license and memberships as well as staying current with healthcare and construction products and trends.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Strong analytical skills to develop and manage complex construction projects and resolve problems.
2. The job requires significant autonomous decision making. Assignments are received in the form of results expected, but the project manager must have judgment when choosing the appropriate procedures for the project team to follow.
3. Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, for management meetings and preparation of plans and reports. These skills are also essential to reconcile differences in the opinions of various technical experts.
4. A high level of interpersonal skills is required to develop relationships with colleagues and clients, gain the cooperation of others, communicate effectively regarding complex information, and negotiate terms and conditions with contractors.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Director Patient Access and Scheduling
Houston Methodist Primary Care Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryPOSITION SUMMARYAt Houston Methodist, the Director of Access and Scheduling provides visible and proactive leadership to staff, management, ...
Patient Access Manager Emergency Room
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: 8:30 am- 5:00 pm with flexible schedule as neededWork Week: M - F with some holidays and weekends.Job SummaryThis position is primarily assigned ...
Director of Business Development/Physician Recruitment
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryHouston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital is seeking an experienced professional to lead business development through strategic physician recruitment ...