Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Feb. 22, 2021
Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: M - F Rotating Weekend/Holiday 2p-1030p
At Houston Methodist, the Facilities Technician position is responsible for completing basic assigned tasks by performing various aspects of work associated with their shop/department for maintenance of Houston Methodist facilities. This position performs safety and preventative maintenance inspections and is responsible for obtaining materials necessary for job completion associated with their shop/department. The Facilities Technician position participates in the maintenance and testing of emergency systems in the trade or job associated with their shop/department. This position completes basic mechanical, electrical and plumbing, carpentry and painting repairs/requests as appropriate.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 30%
1. Communicates effectively with patients, family members, medical staff, co-workers, and other hospital personnel to contribute to the quality of the work environment. (EF)
2. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team-focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the team by actively communicating in a comprehensive manner. (EF)
3. Uses peer-to-peer accountability towards department goals for retention and employee engagement. (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
1. Performs entity surveillance through rounding and issuing of work orders; identifies opportunities for facility improvements providing recommendations and work orders to advance the customer experience and service levels. (EF)
2. Assists other technicians and associated personnel in maintaining the operation of the central plant(s) and daily operations of the facility including minor facility needs. (EF)
3. Seeks out additional information and reference materials from Senior/Lead Tech to gain clarification to make semi-skilled maintenance repairs. (EF)
4. Conducts basic analysis, troubleshooting and general maintenance repair. Performs preventative maintenance inspections to include HVAC, electrical and plumbing, as appropriate, in compliance with codes, ordinances and statutes. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
1. Prioritizes work activities and maintains set timelines as necessary to optimize response time on work order trouble tickets (e.g. average time to close tickets). (EF)
2. Follows department safety standards and policies and conducts all procedures accordingly. Assists with implementation and education of department-based safety initiatives and standards of practice. Maintains a high level of awareness for staff in the areas of operation and uses great caution while navigating the work areas. (EF)
3. Competently uses tools and equipment to perform the job in an efficient, effective and safe manner. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
1. Provides accurate and complete documentation of work orders. (EF)
2. Monitor the use and inventory of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively, reducing incidental overtime and prioritizing daily tasks. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Participates in department projects. Assumes responsibility for growth and development by participating in in-services programs and continuing education. Completes and updates My Development Plan and discusses with management. (EF)
2. Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a technician. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
o Two years of general maintenance Painter related experience
o Health care environment preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Ability to complete work within designated time frames
o Demonstrates ability to access information both in the department and within the hospital system to support the department
o Basic knowledge of trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, heating and cooling
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
o Performs assigned tasks efficiently and correctly through on-the-job training and educational opportunities
o Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened in December 2000 to serve the comprehensive health care needs of the growing community in Northwest Houston. The 312 bed hospital has 17 operating rooms, and more than 1,900 employees. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been named a Magnet recognized health care facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® and was ranked No. 8 in the Houston metro area and No. 19 in Texas by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” in 2016. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is Northwest Houston's regional leader in robotic minimally-invasive surgeries and specializes in cardiology and cardiovascular services, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, and comprehensive cancer services. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has a Breast Care Center, Cancer Center, Imaging Center, Infusion Center, Sleep Center, Surgical Weight Loss Center and operates the largest Childbirth Center in the greater Northwest Houston area.
Maintenance Coordinator - Biomedical Engineering
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: Schedule may vary to include weekend/holiday coverage. Job SummaryJOB SUMMARYOperates maintenance program for hospital clinical equipment. Evaluates maintenance alternatives and monitors …
Facilities Technician (Full Time) Evenings
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: M - F Rotating Weekend/Holiday 2p-1030pJob Summary11/2020JOB SUMMARYAt Houston Methodist, the Facilities Technician position is responsible for completing basic assigned tasks …
Facilities Technician (FT-Days)
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryAt Houston Methodist, the Facilities Technician position is responsible for completing basic assigned tasks by performing various aspects …