Job Type: PRN
Posted Date: June 14, 2019
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: Per Diem As Needed Days
The Financial Counselor that is responsible for screening self-pay patients for Charity Care eligibility, and the securing of reimbursement for services that fall outside of Charity Care. This includes screening Inpatients while they are in-house, with the goal of attaining eligibility determination prior to the patients¿ departure. This also includes following up with patients post-discharge, as necessary, to obtain any additional, required information, documentation, etc.
PRN As Needed
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate to Mature Adult
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation
1. Communicates openly in a non-judgmental and professional demeanor during all interactions with customers and co-workers.
1. Notifies potential charity applicants of Charity Care availability and eligibility requirements.
2. Obtain required Charity Care eligibility documentation from potential applicants.
3. Initiate and complete follow-up work on applications and/or Charity Care work.
4. Use Search America and other resources, as applicable, to determine patients¿ eligibility for Charity Care.
5. Registers, Pre-registers, verifies insurance and obtains pre-certifications/authorizations when needed.
6. Secure reimbursement for Self Pay accounts that do not meet the Charity Care eligibility criteria and determine and negotiate cash discounts for self-pay population that fall outside of Charity Care.
1. Completes account work timely and accurately within TMHS work driver application.
2. Ensures TMHS documentations standards are followed and account notations are made in TMHS work driver, HIS, and other appropriate TMHS systems timely and accurately.
3. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
4. Complies with applicable laws, regulation, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
5. Maintain the Corporate Charity log for all patients who have applied for Financial Assistance for this facility.
6. Follows all safety rules while on the job.
1. Conduct research for accounts discussed during the weekly High Dollar Review meeting.
2. Participates in departmental and hospital performance improvement plan.
3. Achieve Financial Charity Goal monthly as prescribed by the CFO of this facility.
1. Performs functions to complete action items utilizing available systems, as applicable.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
1. High School graduate or GED
2. College hours preferred
1. Minimum of 2 years of experience in financial counseling or patient accounting or patient access, or a combination, in a healthcare setting preferably in a hospital
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. HIS experience preferred
2. Microsoft Outlook preferred
3. Computer skills required
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
5. Ability to manage a fast-paced environment
6. Ability to manage multiple phone calls at one time
7. Proficient in English, written and verbal; excellent communication skills
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1,600 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
NTW Pre-Access Associate-Pearland ED
Pearland Emergency Care Center, Pearland, TX
Work Shift: PRN EVENINGWork Week: M - F schedule may vary Company ProfileJob SummaryThe Pre-Access Associate is responsible for scheduling, pre-registering and registering patients, from ...
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary03/2016JOB SUMMARYPerform secretarial duties that require experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and practices. Prepare correspondence, memoranda, ...
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: FT DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryPerform secretarial duties that require experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and pratices. Prepare correspondence, memoranda, ...