Category: Food Service
Job Type: Part-Time
Posted Date: March 14, 2019
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: Part Time FSA (Tray Line Delivery) (11am-7:30pm) (3:00pm-7:30pm) - (Flex Weekends - 2 weekends on - 1 weekend off)
JOB SUMMARY -
Performs a variety of duties in the kitchen, patient tray line and retail areas. Assists in cashering, cleaning of dishes, trash removal, mopping of floors, and special cleaning as assigned.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values
2. Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in all areas.
3. Works in various assigned areas of the kitchen, patient tray line and retail.
4. Covers, labels and dates all food items, as required. Maintains proper storage and sanitation of all items in storage, refrigerators and freezers.
5. Maintains proper sanitation of work area and equipment. Uses and follows all safety techniques in handling of equipment.
6. Assemble and delivers floor stock orders as needed.
7. Practices good cost control through the proper use and storage of food, supplies and equipment.
8. Follows safety rules on the job.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or 2 years of experience in lieu of education
Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
Ability to make sound judgments.
Customer focused service skills
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1,600 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Food Services Assistant (Day/Evenings)
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: Part Time FSA (Tray Line Delivery) (11am-7:30pm) (3:00pm-7:30pm) - (Flex Weekends - 2 weekends on - 1 weekend off)Job SummaryJOB SUMMARY ...
Food Services Assistant
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: DAY 11:30am-8:00pmWork Week: M - F and rotating weekendsJob SummaryOpportunity for Full-Time Food Services Assistant08/2016JOB SUMMARYPerforms a variety of duties in the kitchen, ...
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: Day shift, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.Work Week: Monday - Friday, with some weekends and holidays.Job SummaryThis position exists to ensure:Optimal medical nutrition ...