Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
SUMMARY Performs multiple aspects of air conditioning (HVAC) work for maintenance of TMH facilities. Performs safety and preventative maintenance inspections; assist with maintaining, installing and repairing hospital HVAC systems, specialty systems and other related fixtures. Responds to emergency HVAC calls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in the installation of HVAC systems and devices in compliance with codes, ordinances and statutes.
2. Assist with troubleshooting and repairing of HVAC systems and devices in compliance with codes, ordinances and statutes. Assists with troubleshooting and repairing air terminal units, water valves, evaporator coils, motors, blower wheels, belts, etc. Prioritizes and responds to all emergency HVAC calls.
3. Assist in maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing automation controls, pneumatic controls, thermostats, electronic thermostats, etc. Responds to hot and cold temperature service calls.
4. Performs preventative maintenance inspections on all HVAC systems. Maintains and tests emergency HVAC systems and associated distribution systems.
5. Uses tools and equipment appropriately. Knows when and how to use tools and equipment to perform the job in an efficient, effective and safe manner. Consis10tly uses tools and equipment correctly on the job.
6. Provides the information necessary to maintain the system of metrics designed to measure FMS effectiveness at timely responsiveness to work order tickets created through appropriate dispatch service. Adjusts work activities and timelines as necessary to optimize response time on work order trouble tickets (e.g. average time to close tickets).
7. Maintains and contributes to a safe work environment. Adheres to all safety policies, procedures and practices, including the wearing of protective clothing and gear. Consistently uses tools and equipment correctly on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects or reports safety hazards.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Models the behaviors embodied in the ICARE values. Treats patients and colleagues with compassion, respect and dignity. Hears, considers and values the beliefs and opinions of others and works to cooperatively resolve problems. Delivers on commitments in a responsible and timely fashion. Demonstrates pride in the organization.
10. Demonstrates SERVICE PRIDE standards.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS This position requires a level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through completion of High School or GED equivalent. Continued education in a formalized technical or trade school or in an approved
3 to 6 years’ experience in the particular area of technical specialty in a training program is highly desirable and may substitute for some portion of the experience requirement.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Healthcare or similar general maintenance capacity. Additional experience may substitute for educational requirement. Must be able to demonstrate general technical knowledge of equipment normally associated with their area of expertise.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must have the ability to effectively communicate concepts, standards and instructions to others verbally and in writing.
2. Must possess general technical skills and must have sufficient service with the Hospital to acquire a complete knowledge of relevant systems and equipment, or alternatively, brings a specialized body of knowledge which may be applied with less service.
3. Knowledge of associated computer operation and programs may be required.
4. Must have strong interpersonal skills as-well-as the ability to build and sustain relationships with colleagues and customers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Activity Checklist attached.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Facilities Project Manager
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryLiaison between the Hospital client department, consultants, contractors, regulatory agencies, and others, to assure construction / renovation projects ...
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY: Executes work orders for repairs, and preventive maintenance electrical work as assigned. Good knowledge of electronic repairs. ...
Integrated System Specialist
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY Coordinates automation operations within Facility Management Services. Provides technical support to building automation system users. Implements energy ...