IT Project Manager II
- Job Ref:
- Talent Area:
- Information Technology
- Job Shift:
- 1st - Day
- Job Type:
- Posted Date:
- Nov. 20, 2023
At Houston Methodist, the IT Project Manager II position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of medium to large scale and complexity technology projects as defined by Houston Methodist to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame, funding parameters and requirements. Executes the project plans and activities following project management best practices ensuring quality and integrity of the information throughout the entire life cycle of the project.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
- Independently or under guidance of management as appropriate, manages assigned projects to ensure outcomes match agreed upon customer expectations and outcomes. (EF)
- Effectively communicates project information to stakeholders through agreed upon channels and timelines. (EF)
- Leads project-related meetings and gains consensus on outcomes and goals. (EF)
SERVICE - 20%
- Independently, or in partnership with department management, plans and organizes projects. (EF)
- Assists with formulating and defining scope and objectives of the project. (EF)
- Determines time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project(s). Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
- Establishes the project quality plan, including the application of Portfolio and Process Management Office testing standards. (EF)
- Independently, or in partnership with management, establishes the project risks and mitigation plans. (EF)
- Adhere to standards and procedures for project initiation, planning, execution, control, monitoring, and closure defined by the Portfolio & Process Management Office. (EF)
FINANCE - 20%
- Prepares the Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) for the project and assists IT Financial Analyst(s) with the approval process. (EF)
- Manages Purchase Orders (PO) and invoices throughout the project life cycle. (EF)
- Closes all project expenditure at the end of the project. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Proposes opportunities to improve the Portfolio & Process Management Office and participates in improvement initiatives. (EF)
- Proactively manages own professional development and completes Individual Development Plan (IDP). (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus.
- Three years successful experience in implementing medium to large scale and complexity projects, preferably in a healthcare environment.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- PMP Certification Preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to deliver projects using leading-edge technology
- Solid knowledge of current technologies
- Solid knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate under a dual reporting relationship (IT, customers)
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft Office products
|Other (dept approved)||No|
|On-Call*||No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
|May require travel within||Yes|
|Houston Metropolitan area|
|May require travel outside||Yes|
|of Houston Metropolitan area|
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. Houston Methodist consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston area. Houston Methodist also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, Houston Methodist employs more than 27,000 employees and is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide high quality patient care.
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducting nursing assessments, assisting …
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Sr Polysomnographic Technologist position is an experienced and fully competent Polysomnographic Technologist who works under the general supervision of clinical/medical director or designee to provide for comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This position performs advanced duties including the scoring of sleep studies and …
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
At Houston Methodist, the Registered Nurse (RN) II Department Premium position a licensed staff nurse, an experienced clinician, functions at the Competent to Proficient stage of Benner’s model of clinical practice. The RN II Department Premium position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, …