Category: Leadership Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Aug. 27, 2019
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The Multi-Site Clinic Manager oversees and manages the day to day operations, patient workflow, staffing needs, equipment, resources, budgets and administrative staff for the satellite laboratories and clinics for the Departments of Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery. The Multi-Site Clinic Manager works alongside physicians and staff to provide excellent care and customer service to patients while promoting TMH ICARE Values and Service Pride Standards.
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
1. Demonstrate components of the ICare Values and Business Practice Standards and holds staff accountable.
2. Has primary responsibility for department clinical operations in terms of appropriate staffing levels. Performs the supervision, training, coaching of employees and evaluates performance.
3. Performs the functions of a Register Nurse as needed, assists physicians as directed; provides professional nursing assessment, identifies and performs nursing care which requires complex and professional assessment; assists with procedures, administers prescribed medications by set standards and maintains accurate and complete records of nursing care and observations.
4. Manages medical records functions for all satellite locations
5. Be a active liaison in developing/ transitioning to new EHR/EPM
1. Assists in the development of satellite operational budgets and ensures that each practice operates in a cost-effective manner within budget.
2. Prepares various weekly/monthly/ad hoc reports for the Administrator for all satellite clinical operations.
3. Manages daily physicians¿ clinics, non-invasive and vascular laboratories including overseeing appointment scheduling operations in cooperation with technical managers.
4. Develops policies and procedures for clinical operations specific to satellite offices in cooperation with management, ensuring compliance.
1. Develop, implement and maintain Quality Enhancement Programs. Ensures that all quality enhancement programs including audits and accreditation standards are maintained in accordance with Medicare, JCAHO, TDH, OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
2. Maintains HIPAA compliance
3. Monitor all licenses and certifications of nursing and other staff ( i.e.: ultrasound technician, medical assistants, LVN, RN).
4. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly, follows on the same and corrects safety hazards.
5. Optimizes satellite location patient flow and operations to provide quality care and customer service to patients maintaining excellent threshold of patient satisfaction scores.
1. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards.
2. Provide excellent care and service to our patients
3. Anticipate Patients and Guests needs and address them.
4. Thank all our Patients and Guests; they have a choice.
1. Lead efforts in the development of satellite location objectives and long-range strategic plans in cooperation with management.
2. Develops, implements and coordinates new programs / procedures to generate revenue and support staff development.
3. Assist physicians in facilitating practice growth.
4. Develops, implements and executes new multi disciplinary satellite clinics in coordination with management.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Required: Bachelors Degree
Minimum of 5 years of RN experience and experience in a healthcare professional/administrative capacity with supervision of multiple satellite practices.
Preferred experience in clinical management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Registered: RN (Nurse) with current Texas license
Current certification in Basic Life Support
Required Licenses: RN (active TX license)
Required Certificates: Basic Life Support (current certification)
Optional Certificates: ACLS
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
-Must be able to travel to various satellite practice locations.
-Skilled at managing multiple projects with conflicting priorities.
-Extremely well-organized and detail oriented.
-Excellent interpersonal skills required to deal with diverse physicians and staff.
-Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
-Proficient in MS Office and Excel.
-Ability to use clinical information systems.
Normal office, clinic, non-invasive and vascular laboratory conditions
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
Guest Relations Manager
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryProvides oversight and supervision of the Guest Relations staff whose responsibility is to effectively interpret and communicate the ...
Senior Practice Manager - Orthopedics (Medical Center)
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Senior Practice Manager is responsible for independently managing and/or coordinating complex delivery of care within a ...
Manager Clinical Operations - (Medical Center)
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYAt Houston Methodist, the Manager Clinical Operations position is responsible for providing clinical expertise and serves as ...