The NTW Manager Imaging is responsible for assisting the Director in managing all aspects of the services provided by the Imaging Department inclusive of computerized tomography, magnetic resonance, diagnostic radiology, ultrasound, mammography, nuclear medicine, and other related radiological procedures. Assists the director in the operation of the clinical areas and oversees related clerical activities.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25 %
- Performs all performance evaluations with employees of the Imaging department in a timely manner. Maintains employee files, records and documents employee activities, and participates in performance coaching. (EF)
- Prepares and maintains all staffing schedules and on-call schedules, time and attendance, and paid time off (PTO). (EF)
- Conducts new employee departmental orientation and documents all orientation using departmental orientation forms. (EF)
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, medical staff, and other hospital personnel to contribute to the quality of the imaging procedure; treats all individuals with dignity and respect, and participates in activities to improve working relationships within the department; works to promote professional and personal growth of self, peers, and support staff. (EF)
SERVICE - 25 %
- Assists in the developing and implementing department goals and objectives. (EF)
- Ensures adequate levels of supplies and equipment. Obtains approval for supply purchase orders. Responsible for the maintenance of labs and equipment. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25 %
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local, and professional accrediting agencies including, but not limited to DNV, HCFA, TDSHS, OSHA, and FDA. (EF)
- Creates, revises, updates, and edits policy and procedure manuals to ensure appropriate patient care. Monitors the activities of all Imaging personnel to insure that all operations are within departmental policies and procedures. Monitors and ensures that all employees participate in mandatory in-services and CPR certifications. (EF)
FINANCE - 10 %
- Oversees charge entry, patient scheduling, and records processing. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 15 %
- Collects, gathers, and documents aggregate data for quality assurance and performance improvement. (EF)
- Educates, monitors, and evaluates affiliated students. Offers educational in-services to establish, promote, and enhance professional development. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5 years' experience within the field, of which 1 year must have been in a managerial role in healthcare; for internals, 5 years' experience in relevant field with HM performance that demonstrates leadership responsibility
- Must be familiar with the operations of a filmless/digital radiology department.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Registration as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT-GC) thru the Texas Medical Board required, except if registry is an Ultrasound and MRI modality.
- American Heart Association BLS required.
- Must have a registry from any of the following credentialing bodies: Registered ARRT, ARDMS, CCI, ARMRIT, or NMTCB
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Background in using Picture Archiving Computer Systems (PACS) preferred
|Other (dept approved) ||No|
|On-Call* ||Yes, on a limited basis (for Exempt jobs only)|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above. Travel**
|May require travel within ||Yes|
|Houston Metropolitan area|| |
|May require travel outside ||No |
|of Houston Metropolitan area|| |
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job:
Standard diagnostic and therapeutic laboratory setting. Individuals will be evaluated on their ability to provide patient care to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
patients. Physical requirements include lifting patients, carrying boxes, standing for long periods of time, and pushing diagnostic equipment. High exposure to latex. A laboratory coat, personal scrubs and ID badge are worn. Rules of safety and caution must be observed.
Since 2000, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been serving Northwest Houston residents. Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is a comprehensive acute care facility and has been named a Magnet recognized health care facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®. With 358 operating beds, 20 operating rooms and more than 2,300 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital provides comprehensive, personalized care for patients in Champions, Tomball, Magnolia, Spring and Cypress.