Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
This position is seasonal, full time without benefits.
The PRN Medical Assistant will work as needed within Methodist Wellness Services. This position is responsible for providing health assessments, biometric screenings and vaccinations within The Methodist Hospital System as well as at the offices of corporate clients. The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in the set up and break down of health fair supplies and materials. The Medical Assistant will assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direct supervision of a Physician or Registered Nurse. Responsibilities include interviewing patients, measuring vital signs, and recording of medical information on patient charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Accountable for administering biometric screenings including finger sticks (lipids, glucose, trigylcerides, PSA, TSH etc), blood pressure, height, weight, waist measurements, and hip measurements.
2. Accountable for performing onsite health screenings including vision and b1 density.
3. Accountable for performing EKGs and blood draws as needed.
4. Accountable for performing health assessments including flexibility, Body Mass Index and body composition.
5. Accountable for insuring that appropriate consent forms are signed.
6. Provides vaccinations such as Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, tetanus and flu shots.
7. Provides care to patients visiting the clinic under the direct supervision of a physician or nurse/clinic manager.
8. Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records information on patients` charts.
9. Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients/clients to the physician or nurse.
10. Records care administered according to established procedures.
11. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis (if so, phlebotomy certification is required).
12. Prepares treatment rooms and health screening stations for examination of patients. Assists with maintaining equipment and supplies.
13. Follows channels of communication with co-workers for effective problem solving.
14. Functions as a team player.
15. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
16. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
17. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and applies the information as needed.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum of 1 year of clinic/outpatient experience is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Certified from an accredited program and/or Registered Medical Assistant. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is required.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must be able to adapt quickly to different needs and flex accordingly.
2. Must be able to function independently with proactive thought processes.
3. Must have appreciation of wellness as it relates to onsite health assessments, screenings, and vaccinations.
4. Must enjoy working in a health fair environment and interacting with staff and clients.
5. Must be dependable, organized, flexible and professional
6. Must have good communication skills.
7. Must be able to work early mornings.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Medical Assistant PRN- Seasonal, Full Time- Non Benefitted
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThis position is seasonal, full time without benefits.The PRN Medical Assistant will work as needed within Methodist Wellness ...
Phlebotomist- PRN- Seasonal, Full Time- Non Benefitted
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThis position is seasonal, full time without benefits.Collects and delivers blood specimens, and completes appropriate reports on both ...
Wellness Coordinator- PRN- Seasonal, Full Time- Non Benefitted
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThis position is seasonal, full time without benefits.This position exists to coordinate programs, services, staff, equipment and supplies ...