Work Shift: 7a-7p
Work Week: As needed
JOB SUMMARY: The Monitor Technician performs key functions that support the multidisciplinary team in delivering high quality, cost effective care. Maintains competency in electrocardiography (EKG), non-invasive blood pressure (NIBP), and Pulse Oximetry (SP02), monitoring computer skills. Monitors Emergency Code Panel and reports information per hospital policy. Provides effective, prompt communication in the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitors Cardiac Information Center (CIC) and reports information per hospital policy.
2. Demonstrates accurate interpretation of basic cardiac dysrhythmias. Records and stores rhythm strips, performs trends and history reports per hospital policy.
3. Performs inventory checks on all monitor and telemetry equipment and documents finding appropriately. Maintains office supplies based on established par levels.
4. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
5. Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the hospital systems and serves as a resource to physicians, patients, visitors and staff.
6. Notifies charge nurse or activates the rapid response team for patient care concerns.
7. Coordinates departmental communications; initiating calls, following up according to prescribed timeframes.
8. Maintains an accurate and orderly medical record assuring all forms are properly identified with the patient's name and contents are filed correctly. Accurately enters charges and discharge data each shift.
9. Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to maintaining an environment that assures all customers, all individuals, are treated with dignity and respect. Employee actively participates in making recommendations for improving working relationships in the department/unit.
10. Demonstrates Service Pride standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
11. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence).
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires at least six months of patient care experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: American Heart Association BLS/CPR required. American Heart Association ACLS is preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting EKG’s. Basic computer skills are required.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, bringing more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 312 licensed beds, 15 operating rooms and over 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Patient Care Assistant I
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week: VariesJob SummaryThe PCA I is a PCA with little to no acute care hospital experience who will be engaged in an ...
Patient Care Assistant II
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: VariesJob SummaryThe PCA is an experienced Nursing Assistant who has demonstrated proficiency and competencies to fully function as a PCA in ...
Senior Medical Assistant- Cardiovascular Surgery (Sugar Land)
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Provides care to patients visiting the clinic under the direct supervision of a physician ...