Work Shift: NIGHT
Work Week: Varies
SUMMARY The Monitor Technician performs key functions that support the multi disciplinary team in delivering high quality, cost-effective care. Maintains competency in electrocardiography (EKG), non-invasive blood pressure (NIBP), and pulse oximetry (SpO2), and monitoring and computer skills. Employs effective, prompt communication throughout the hospital complex. Oversees multiple priorities. Provides direct patient care by performing patient preparation for monitoring.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to maintaining an environment that assures all customers, (patients, families, physicians, and staff) are treated with dignity and respect. Employee actively participates in making recommendations for improving working relationships in the department and with each nursing unit.
2. Promotes quality patient care by vigilance in monitoring and prompt communication to unit staff.
3. Maintains and accurately processes documents, quality data, and related CTM records.
4. Demonstrates proficiency in EKG rhythm interpretation.
5. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
6. Receives information from various sources that is assimilated and communicated in an accurate, timely and effective manner.
7. Demonstrates proficiency in the use and maintenanceof equipment such as Remote Viewing Station (RVS), transmitters, Propaq, computers, facsimile and printers.
8. Works well with others to make contributions to the work effort as a whole and facilitates problem resolution. Communication to promote both work efforts and problem resolution is clear, and professional. Communication with patients/families is appropriate to the age of the patient served.
9. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE Values Statement: - Integrity; - Compassion; - Accountability; - Respect; and - Excellence.
10. Demonstrates ServicePride standards: - Smiles and makes eye contact; - Greets each patient and visitor; - Seeks out patient and visitor contact; - Displays appropriate body language at all times; - Takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for 1 patient or visitor; - Honors diversity; and - Thanks every customer.
11. Follows all safety rules on the job reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicate with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. 12. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High school graduate or equivalent Two years college or vocational training or two years secretarial/office work that includes computer applications preferred Basic ECG interpretation skills
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Prior healthcare and/or medical terminology experience preferred Ability to accurately record and report information
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Successful completion of Basic EKG, NIBP, SpO2 proficiency exam with a score of 84% and correct identification of lethal dysrhythmias or successful completion of the TMC Collaborative Basic Dysrhythmia Course
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Healthcare Provider training. 2. Must be able to communicate effectively in English. 3. Good organizational skills.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Senior Medical Assistant- Cancer Center
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Provides care to patients visiting the clinic under the direct supervision of a physician ...
Medical Assistant-Primary Care Clear Lake
Houston Methodist Primary Care Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryPOSITION SUMMARYThe primary responsibility of the Medical Assistant is to assist in the delivery of health care and ...
Senior Medical Assistant-Primary Care Medical Center
Houston Methodist Primary Care Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary2/2017POSITION SUMMARYThe primary responsibility of the Sr. Medical Assistant is to assist in the delivery of health care ...