Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Leadership Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Sept. 8, 2021
At Houston Methodist, the NTW Director Business Services is responsible for the organization, direction and leadership to the staff of Patient Access Services, Scheduling and Insurance Verification, and Emergency Room Patient Access Services strategy and execution of assigned hospital(s).The NTW Director Business Services is responsible for ensuring optimal revenue cycle performance and outcomes, efficient and effective front-end processes, and ensure customer satisfaction. Must have knowledge of regulatory programs regarding compliance, including but not limited to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), commercial/managed care, and Medicare/Medicaid in state of Texas. Financial management skills, including the ability to analyze data for operations, budgeting, auditing and forecasting; strategic planning; and goal setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates the ability to guide and direct others toward goal setting. Assumes leadership position to ensure seamless, quality, family centered care throughout the health-illness continuum. Actively participates and leads initiatives to improve patient and hospital operations. Delegates effectively by entrusting responsibility and authority to others.
- Leads through vision and values
- Values diversity
- Exhibits adaptability
- and objectives and develops an implementation system to reach those goals. Ensures creative and futuristic planning for health care delivery. Collaborates with medical staff, executives, hospital leaders, and hospital staff to assure goals are in congruence.
- business acumen
- Drives for results
- Sets specific goals and objectives
- knowledge of all areas of responsibility and management theories and concepts into the practice environment. Establishes goals for own professional growth including participation in professional organizations. Serves as an internal expert to the organization and develops and implements training programs for staff.
- Exhibits empowerment of staff
- manages human, financial and physical resources. Develops and maintains budgets (operational and capital). Provides overall management of human resources within areas of responsibility. Utilizes monitoring and trending data to provide appropriate cost effective patient care which is in concert with the philosophy of the Hospital.
- within budget allocation
- Ensures employee satisfaction
- Efficiently utilizes staffing resources
- exchange of information (written and verbal) and ideas is timely, effective, and respectful. Informs executive management of pertinent information. Acts as the communication link between management, staff, and outside agents as needed. Prepares reports that are professionally written and provides an accurate interpretation of the information.
- Communicates with impact
- Develops Strategic Relationships
- Exhibits Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Utilizes organizational savvy
- components of the ICARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence) and complies with Business Practice Standards for performance.
- Leads and fosters a safety culture. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
- Demonstrates Service PRIDE standards.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. Master's degree preferred.
5 years of Business Office healthcare or related experience required. 3 years of management experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Exceptional knowledge in the areas of patient registration, scheduling, and patient access operations.
- Knowledge of regulatory programs regarding compliance, including but not limited to HIPAA, DNV, Medicare and Medicaid in state of Texas.
- Financial management skills, including the ability to analyze data for operations, budgeting, auditing and forecasting; strategic planning; and goal setting.
- Must have good communication skills, be customer service orientated, and dedicated to the progress goals as it pertains to the Patient Access department.
Based in the Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital is delivering on a mission started in 1919, which continues today – bringing quality, integrity, compassion and innovation into everything we do. As the flagship hospital of Houston Methodist, Houston Methodist Hospital is a nationally recognized medical center with a history of health care innovation. Houston Methodist Hospital was awarded Magnet recognition for nursing excellence for a fourth consecutive time by the ANCC. In addition, Houston Methodist Hospital was recently named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top 20 hospitals and was also ranked the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the fifth consecutive year.