Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Performs a variety of duties in the kitchen, patient tray line and retail areas. Assists in cleaning of dishes, trash removal, mopping of floors, and special cleaning as assigned.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs all duties and responsibilities projecting The Methodist I CARE values
2. Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in all areas.
3. Works in various assigned areas of the kitchen, patient tray line and retail.
4. Covers, labels and dates all food items, as required. Maintains proper storage and sanitation of all items in storage, refrigerators and freezers.
5. Maintains proper sanitation of work area and equipment. Uses and follows all safety techniques in handling of equipment.
6. Assemble and delivers floor stock orders as needed.
7. Practices good cost control through the proper use and storage of food, supplies and equipment.
8. Follows safety rules on the job.
9. Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED or 2 years of experience in lieu of education
Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required effective 9/1/2016.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Ability to adapt to a changing work environment.
Ability to make sound judgments.
Customer focused service skills
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, located 35 miles southeast of Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 392 licensed bed hospital with 18 operating rooms, and over 1,400 employees, brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Food Services Assistant Floater
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: DAY/EVENINGWork Week:Job SummaryFull-time08/2016JOB SUMMARYPerforms a variety of duties in the kitchen, patient tray line and retail areas. Assists in cleaning of dishes, trash ...
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: VariesWork Week: VariesHouston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital is located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45 and includes a 150,000-square-foot medical building. ...
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - F, to include weekends and holidaysJob Summary8/2016JOB SUMMARYThe employee works as a cashier in Houston Methodist Hospital and is ...