Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F with weekends
PRN position for inpation Occupational Therapist.
SUMMARY Assess and plan treatment programs for patients relevant to physical dysfunction and implement by direct or delegated care as ordered by physician. Serve as a professional care provider, educator, consultant, and coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Evaluate patient`s level of function; develop and implement plan of treatment.
2. Monitor patient progress; maintains timely and accurate patient records.
3. Complete all patient documentation timely and enter charges for services provided.
4. Supervise those treatments delegated to COTAs and technicians.
5. Cooperate/collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding client`s current or recommended treatment, current progress and/or discharge planning.
6. Ensures proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time and equipment.
7. Participate in individual and staff development activities. 8. Assists in program development and expansion of services.
9. Demonstrates ICARE Values.
10. Follows all safety rules on the job.
11. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Have a minimum of 1 year experience but would consider a new grad who have demonstrated exceptional skills and experience during student clinical affiliations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current Texas licensure with the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills. 2. Able to work independently or as a team member. 3. Has specialized knowledge in the Acute and Outpatient settings.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital is one of the newest members of the Houston Methodist family—extending its healing mission to the many communities in the Greater Bay Area. Located on the shores of Clear Lake across from the Johnson Space Center, the facility offers advanced medical and surgical care by team members called to serve with excellence and compassion:
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: AS NEEDEDWork Week: PRN - works as neededJob SummaryJOB SUMMARY: Licensed athletic trainer responsible for preventing, recognizing, assessing, managing, treating, disposing of, and ...
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: WeekendsJob Summary***PRN-Weekend***Assists professional staff in a variety of delegated tasks consisting of therapeutic activities related to Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and ...
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: WEEKENDWork Week: PRN Saturday/Sunday Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45, and includes a 150,000-square-foot medical ...