Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
The Woodlands, TX 77385
Category: Occupational Therapy
Job Type: PRN
Posted Date: May 14, 2021
Assess and plan treatment programs for patients relevant to physical dysfunction and implement by direct or delegated care as ordered by physician. Serve as a professional care provider, educator, consultant, and coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate patient's level of function; develop and implement plan of treatment.
- Monitor patient progress; maintains timely and accurate patient records.
- Complete all patient documentation timely and enter charges for services provided.
- Supervise those treatments delegated to COTAs and technicians.
- Cooperate/collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding client's current or recommended treatment, current progress and/or discharge planning.
- Ensures proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time and equipment.
- Participate in individual and staff development activities.
- Assists in program development and expansion of services.
- Demonstrates ICARE Values.
- Follows all safety rules on the job.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Occupational Therapy Association.
Have a minimum of 1 year experience but would consider a new grad who have demonstrated exceptional skills and experience during student clinical affiliations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current Texas licensure with the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
Current CPR Certification.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently or as a team member.
- Has specialized knowledge in the Acute and Outpatient settings.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, a master planned campus with a 400 bed hospital – initially opening 187 beds – will ensure that we continue to deliver our special brand of health care to those who call The Woodlands home. As the eighth hospital in the Houston Methodist system, Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital is a full service hospital building upon our rich history of clinical excellence in the Texas Medical Center.