Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Occupational Therapy
Job Type: PRN
Posted Date: April 12, 2021
Occupational Therapist who demonstrates the ability:
- To effectively evaluate patients referred for Occupational Therapy
- To develop and implement effective, efficient Occupational Therapy treatment programs
- To manage a caseload of a variety of diagnoses
- To work a flexible schedule to assist the department in providing consistent provision of Occupational Therapy, weekends and holidays, as well as during periods of high census.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs comprehensive patient evaluations, sets appropriate patient goals, develops effective treatment plans, and adheres to patient care and documentation timelines and guidelines per Department Policy and Procedure (10%) E.F.
- Provides safe, functionally relevant, and effective treatment interventions (10%) E.F.
- Plays an active role in the discharge planning process (D/C Rounds, Team Conferences, equipment recommendation/ordering, consulting with Care Manager, etc.) (10%) E.F.
- Supervises the clinical aspects of care delegated to technical and supportive personnel (5%) E.F.
- Strives to achieve high level of customer satisfaction (patients, physicians, co-workers, visitors, etc.) (10%)
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication, ability to deal with difficult situations, etc.) (10%) E.F.
- Works efficiently and effectively to achieve Department standard for productivity (10%)
- Successfully completes all annual requirements on time for continued employment (10%) E.F.
- State Professional Licensure
- Job Skills Competency Assessment
- Age-specific Competency Assessment
- CPR Certification
- Mandatory Safety Tests
- Demonstrates the components of I CARE values statement and Service Pride standards. (10%) E.F.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards (10%)
- Performs other job-related duties as requested (5%)
Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy
Minimum of 1 year's experience.
Will consider new graduates with exceptional clinical affiliation experience and references.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current licensure with the Texas Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners
Certification in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong interpersonal skills; must complete PT/OT Competency Assessment
upon hire and on annual basis
Based in the Texas Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital is delivering on a mission started in 1919, which continues today – bringing quality, integrity, compassion and innovation into everything we do. As the flagship hospital of Houston Methodist, Houston Methodist Hospital is a nationally recognized medical center with a history of health care innovation. Houston Methodist Hospital was awarded Magnet recognition for nursing excellence for a fourth consecutive time by the ANCC. In addition, Houston Methodist Hospital was recently named by U.S. News & World Report as one of the country’s top 20 hospitals and was also ranked the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the fifth consecutive year.