8100 Greenbriar St
Houston, TX 77054
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Jan. 14, 2022
At Houston Methodist, the Operations Project Analyst position is responsible for providing administrative support to the department by managing strategic projects directly tied to the department's operational focus. This position coordinates office duties which require considerable initiative, experience, judgment, organizational skills, and knowledge of organization policies and practices. Utilizing many internal and external data sources and software tools, the Operations Project Analyst position serves a vital role in supporting the management team. This position relies on appropriate resources to collect relevant data, compile information for management decisions, and ensure the successful execution of related events. The projects for the Operations Project Analyst position are directly linked to the evolution of the department's/division's operational focus. Related duties for the Operations Project Analyst position involve meeting/event preparation including formulating reports and data for presentation for a variety of audiences in support of department initiatives.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 15%
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with others by actively communicating and reporting pertinent information and data in a comprehensive manner. (EF)
- Effectively engages key contacts to obtain information that relates to strategic initiatives as highlighted by management. (EF)
- Represents department management at assigned committees, meetings, and other entity-related events to provide contributions or input as required. (EF)
SERVICE - 35%
- Participates on committees and task forces as assigned, ensuring that critical objectives are clearly understood and action items appropriately delegated. Follows up on action items as necessary to ensure completion of assignments. (EF)
- Coordinates department meetings and events to include scheduling, room assignments, equipment and catering needs. Composes meeting minutes for committees and department meetings as assigned. (EF)
- Conveys information to director and management by assembling and summarizing data. Uses a variety of software applications to create/compose both routine and non-routinemanagement level communications and reports. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Maintains associated paperwork, creates files, and develops effective presentation tools and/or reports for significant activities. Utilizes technology resources to conduct research for assigned projects. (EF)
- Collects relevant data, compiles information for management decisions, and ensures the successful execution of related events/activities using appropriate resources. Reconciles data to determine if actual results are as expected/anticipated. (EF)
- Performs routine administrative tasks contributing to the efficient flow of department operations. Develops reports and other presentation materials for director/management to showcase the need for change as appropriate. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
- Maintains and reports key financial and/or operational metrics/processes as directed by management. May assist management in routine financial endeavors such as processing invoices and/or budget activities. (EF)
- Displays self-motivation to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks. Adheres to organizational guidelines regarding financial issues. (EF)
- Contributes towards meeting department financial targets through optimizing efficiency and other areas according to department specifications. Utilizes efficient and cost-effective work practices with department resources and supplies; provides recommendations to reduce expenses. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Improves operations by analyzing results and variances, identifies trends, and recommends actions. (EF)
- Seeks continuing education opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or other related healthcare field preferred
- One year of experience with project coordination
- Two years of secretarial experience or two years of experience in a healthcare, medical research, or academic setting with an emphasis on project coordination
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Demonstrates ability to analyze problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple staff levels
- Excellent time management skills; ability to work effectively with multiple time-critical priorities
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and related computer applications
- Must have well-developed organizational skills
- Attention to detail with a high priority for timely and accurate information
- Ability to work independently, as well as on cross-functional and interdisciplinary teams
|Other (dept approved)||No|
|On-Call* ||No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
|May require travel within||Yes|
|Houston Metropolitan area|| |
|May require travel outside||No|
|of Houston Metropolitan area|| |
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: _________________________
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treated more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services’ consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.