Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
This is a PRN Position
Performs a variety of complex diagnostic cardiology procedures related pacemaker and defibrillator evaluation, analyses and reprogramming that require critical thinking with occasional physician or device representative support as needed. Under limited supervision, the Pacemaker/Defibrillator Programmer performs a variety of patient care and technical duties in both the outpatient Pacemaker Clinic and the inpatient setting. Duties include pacemaker/defibrillator interrogation & programming, transtelephonic pacemaker follow-up, remote monitoring, follow-up of patients participating in research studies and clinical trials in Cardiac Pacing and/or Defibrillators
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
1. Communicates effectively with patients of all ages, and family members, to contribute to the quality of the echocardiography procedure. Must be able to understand and react effectively to the age-specific needs unique to assigned patients
2. Actively engages in patient experience department and hospital initiatives
3. Provides cross-coverage as necessary
4. Serves as an educational resource to staff, other departments, and administration
1. Ensures that stock of supplies is maintained. Make certain that equipment is kept clean, supplied and in excellent working order
2. Performs exams in a timely fashion to meet department turn-around-times quality requirements.
3. Maintains personal timecard accurately
4. Follows hospital policies for time and attendance
5. Ensures timely, proper documentation and billing
1. Enrolls, interrogates and programs inpatient and outpatient pacemaker/ICD patients
2. Recognizes abnormalities, malfunctions and elective replacement indicators; notifies cardiologist/electrophysiologist and assists in scheduling patients for follow up or replacement as indicated
3. Participates in the device recall team for respective area.
4. Responsible for device remote monitoring, transtelephonic monitoring, billing issues, and reporting issues.
1. Will assume ¿on call¿ responsibilities as needed to insure that the department is adequately covered at all times, holidays and weekends included.
2. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
3. Forwards information to following physicians, referring physicians and providers.
4. Supports all aspects of documentation in EMR, and ONCALL ICD follow-reports.
5. Maintains knowledge of hospital, department, and regulatory agency policies and requirements
1. Participates in department quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives
2. Participates in continuing education
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors degree required
Minimum 3 years hospital experience in direct patient care with emphasis in cardiac care. Prefer experience in programming and analyzing various brands of pacemakers and defibrillators
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support
NASPE/IBHRE Certification within 12 months of hire date
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
Knowledge of advanced ECG arrhythmia and conduction defects.
Advanced knowledge of pacemakers.
Advanced knowledge of defibrillators.
Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with physicians and allied personnel regardin pacemaker/defibrillator evaluation, analysis and reprogramming.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Ultrasound Technologist I
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary09/2016JOB SUMMARYThe Ultrasound Technologist I completes a variety of routine diagnostic Ultrasound procedures to include common and special ...
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist I (Evenings)
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: EVENING: 3pm-11pmWork Week: VariesHouston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45, and includes a 150,000-square-foot medical building, ...
Computed Tomography Technologist (Evenings)
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, The Woodlands, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: VariesHouston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital, located at the intersection of TX 242 and I-45, and includes a 150,000-square-foot medical building, which ...