Category: Imaging Services
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The Electrophysiology Technician I performs a variety of diagnostic interrogative procedures related to pacemaker and defibrillator evaluation in both inpatient and outpatient settings, conducting analyses and providing preliminary technical reports. With minimal supervision, duties include pacemaker/defibrillator interrogation, trans-telephonic pacemaker follow-up/ remote monitoring, and patient follow-up. Performs other duties and services in support of the needs of patients, their care and well-being.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental ¿Scope of Service¿ and ¿Provision of Care¿ plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 30%
1. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
1. Performs electrophysiology interrogations in a timely fashion, while ensuring precise and accurate data is transmitted for physician review and diagnosis. (EF)
2. Provides care for the physical needs of patients when conducting the interrogation. Educates patients on the purpose and techniques used during the exam and other appropriate information. Proactively identifies issues and takes appropriate action for resolution for optimum outcomes. (EF)
3. Provides direct assistance to physicians and other health care team members. Provides assistance to patients as needed to support their needs, care and well-being.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
1. Accurately recognizes and identifies cardiac anatomy. Recognizes rhythms and abnormal findings when performing interrogations or processing data and communicates immediately as appropriate to proper personnel. Ensures the quality of the study is succinct and clear to optimize diagnostics for the patient care team and interpreting physician. (EF)
2. Contributes to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety. Reports ¿near misses¿ and inputs errors promptly into PSN to improve processes and identify trends. Confirms all orders and verifies patient¿s identification prior to performing the exam. (EF)
3. Ensures all patient care equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions and calls for service if needed. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
1. Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered, when applicable. (EF)
2. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities.
2. Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below, or Associates or Bachelors degree in a healthcare related field
0 with (1) year of experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
American Heart Association BLS
Certified Electrocardiogram Technician (CET) through National Healthcare Association (NHA) within 6 months of hire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
NTW Us/Vascular Technologist I
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Ultrasound/Vascular Technologist I completes a variety of routine diagnostic Ultrasound procedures to include common and special ...
Echo Sonographer I
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Echo Sonographer I is an entry level sonographer who performs a variety of routine echocardiograms including, ...
Radiation Therapy Tech I
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY Provide radiation therapy treatments and function as an essential member of the radiation oncology treatment team, in ...