Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The ACM Patient Affairs Coordinator II (PAC) assists in coordinating the efficient flow of information between patients, the medical staff and third party requestors. Duties may include charge entry, registration, scheduling, insurance verification, pre-authorizations, and check in and check out functions to facilitate the patient visit and ensure timely and accurate claims submission. May assist the physician and medical staff in clinic, following necessary clinic protocols and medical regulatory standards. The PAC consistently exhibits Houston Methodist customer service standards, communicates to resolve patient access and quality service matters and demonstrates ability to perform more complex processes related to scheduling or other clinic related protocols.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist's Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation. Please include estimated % weighting for each Pillar.
1. Provides an excellent customer service experience, serving as a liaison for the patient, medical staff and third parties.
2. Able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent/emergent situations per protocols. Seeks physician input as needed.
3. Obtains and inputs accurate scheduling and registration data to initiate financial clearance activities..
1. Maintains ICARE values and confidentiality in all communications.
2. Responds promptly to requests by staff, patients, and physicians. Performs daily job duties timely and accurately and within policy and procedure.
3. Contributes to patient, employee and physician satisfaction as well as effective revenue cycle process.
4. Ensures on-stage areas are organized, uncluttered and in coompliance with system policy.
1. Complies with business practice standards and policies of department and organization.
2. Responsible for managing the flow of patients. Provides appropriate notification of issues that may result in service delays or denials. Uses good judgment regarding the medical care of the patients.
3. Keeps open channels of communication with physician, patient, and service areas regarding action taken and resolution.
1. Accurately records information during charge entry, registration, scheduling, or obtaining authorizations or referrals to ensure financial objectives are met.
2. Performs charge entry functions for physician office and hospital related claims.
3. Educates patients and others regarding billing processes and potential financial responsibilities.
4. Conducts front end revenue cycle duties per protocol.
1. Accountable for ongoing professional growth and development.
2. Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility during changing demands.
3. Displays initiative to improve relative job functions. Offers suggestions to streamline process for efficient patient flow.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Minimum 2 years experience in healthcare related environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Please add additional knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Microsoft Office, Patient Registration and Billing Software, Ancillary Services Software Systems. Working knowledge of Athena preferred.
- Understands basic medical terminology and has knowledge of insurance requirements for physician visits and procedures.
- Working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and/or ICD-10 preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication and scheduling skills.
Normal office environment
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
Admitting Representative II - Days
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: variesJob SummaryThe Admitting Rep II is responsible for complex patient access activities that facilitate efficient operations, expeditious reimbursement and optimal customer ...
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryLocation: Dunn OR ServicesPerform secretarial duties that require experience, skill and knowledge of organizational policies and practices. Prepare ...
Patient Affairs Coordinator II- Orthopedic Sugar Land
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe ACM Patient Affairs Coordinator II (PAC) assists in coordinating the efficient flow of information between patients, ...