Category: Nursing Assistant
Job Type: PRN
Posted Date: Nov. 14, 2019
Work Shift: DAY
PRN Sitter position in the Flex Pool for days, 7a to 7p.
The sitter works under the direct supervision of a nurse and is responsible for the activities that support patient safety by providing supervision and a safe environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support patients by providing a safe, orderly environment.
2. Assist with meal set-up and feeding.
3. Assist with accuchecks.
4. Assist with vital signs.
5. Assist unit PCA /Nurse with basic ADL`s: a. Bathing b. Dressing c. Mouth care d. Nail, hair, skin care e. Linen change f. Limited foley catheter maintenanceg. Range of motion exercises as prescribed by physician or Physical Therapist
6. Assist with bed and transfer activities: a. Turning in bed b. Positioning c. Ambulation
7. Reports observations, conditions, and problems of patient to the nurse.
8. Follows channels of communication for effective problem solving.
9. Assists with maintaining equipment and supplies.
10. Utilizes Relationship-centered Care principles (partner with the patient/family, greet and introduce self, make eye contact and smile, lis10 and respond with empathy, display appropriate body language at all times, and use a pleasant t1 of voice to enhance patient/customer satisfaction.
11. Participates as a team player.
12. Demonstrates the componets of the I CARE values statement.
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 1 year of experience in direct patient care within a hospital, nursing home or home health agency within the last 3 years. Nursing student currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program that has successfully completed at least 1 clinical rotation.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED BLS (Basic Life Support) certification from AHA (American Heart Association) required Certified Nursing Assistant certification or Certified/Registered Medical Assistant preferred
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED 1. Must be able to write and speak effectively in English. 2. Must be willing and able to work in various nursing units
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital brings the expertise and compassionate care of Houston Methodist Hospital in The Texas Medical Center – a national Honor Roll hospital – to Bay Area communities. The hospital provides a broad spectrum of adult medical and surgical care, is an accredited chest pain center, and is also acute stroke-ready designated through DNV. Houston Methodist Clear Lake offers many inpatient and outpatient services including 3-D mammography and other state-of-the-art imaging, labor and delivery with a level II neonatal ICU, Cancer Center of Excellence, advanced laparoscopic surgery, comprehensive orthopedics and sports medicine, neurology, urology and otolaryngology. Also, Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital is honored to be the only hospital in the bay area to have a Grade A rating from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grading.
Emergency Department Technician days
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: 7a to 7pWork Week: Rotating schedule to include weekends. Job SummaryFT position for ED Tech / Patient Care Assistant, days, 7a to 7p.DUTIES ...
Patient Care Assistant Neurosurgery Days
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary07/2019JOB SUMMARYAt Houston Methodist, the Patient Care Assistant (PCA) position functions as novice to competent and demonstrates basic ...
Patient Care Assistant, Days, LTACH, Medical/Surgical $500 sign on bonus
Houston Methodist Continuing Care Hospital, Katy, TX
Work Shift: 7a-7pWork Week: Varies Specialized inpatient care for those patients requiring a longer hospital staySpecialized inpatient care for those patients requiring a longer hospital ...