Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: PRN
The Pediatric Echo Sonographer performs a range of routine to complex echocardiograms including but not limited to Transtohorasic Echocardiogram or TTE, with Color, Spectral Doppler and 2-D imaging, Transesophagiel Echocardiogram TEE, Plain Stress Echocardiogram or Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram, TTE with bubbles, TTE with contrast and advanced TTE/TTE with 4D imaging, for both inpatient and outpatient studies. Independently performs and evaluates patients for known or unknown complex congenital or structural heart defects which could require surgical reconstruction, repair or replacement. Requires proficiency to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data while using different systems of ultrasound equipment. Transmits exams to compatible DICOM storage applications, processes preliminary technical data in designated interpreting system, and communicates any significant findings to the attending reading physician. This job requires availability to be on call.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
¿ Not applicable
¿ Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
¿ Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
¿ Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
¿ Preschooler (3-6 years)
¿ School Age (6-12 years)
¿ Adolescence (12-18 years)
¿ Young Adult (19-40 Years)
¿ Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
¿ Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 30%
1. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one other to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. (EF)
SERVICE - 30%
1. Performs cardiac echo studies, while ensuring precise and accurate data is transmitted for physician completion. (EF)
2. Provides care for the physical needs of patients when conducting the cardiac echo studies. Educates patients who require inpatient or outpatient echo exams by providing explanations of purpose and techniques used during the exam. Proactively identifies issues and how to address them for optimum outcomes. (EF)
3. Provides direct assistance to physicians and other health care team members during cardiac echo studies including, patient preparation before procedures and performs proper sterile techniques as indicated in support of the procedure.
1. Identifies and recognizes cardiac structures accurately, including: calculate valve area, pressure gradients and ejection fraction when performing echo studies.
2. Identifies abnormal findings when performing exams or processing data and takes corrective action or communicates immediately, when appropriate, to proper personnel for the best quality outcomes. (EF)
3. Confirms the quality of the study is concise and clear to optimize best images for the patient care team and interpreting physician.
4. Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures, regularly practices aseptic techniques, and ensures compliance with infection control procedures. Complies with job, departmental and hospital safety standards, practices and policies. (EF)
5. Ensures all patient care equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
1. Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered, when applicable. (EF)
2. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities.
2. Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Sonographer.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
***MUST HAVE MINIMUM OF TWO YEARS OF PEDIATRIC ECHO SONOGRAPHER EXPERIENCE***
¿ Successful completion of an approved cardiovascular echosonography program (preferred is one recognized by the Commission on Accreditation for Allied Health Education).
¿ Minimum two years experience in pediatric echocardiography
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
¿ American Heart Association BLS
¿ Must have one of the following credentials:
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) with a Pediatric Echocardiography (PE) specialty
- Registered Congential Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
to perform the Essential Functions of the Job
¿ Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills and competency assessments
¿ Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology/ Cardiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents
¿ Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers
¿ Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing workflow and actively participating in problem solving
¿ Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
¿ Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
Radiation Therapy Technologist
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: VariesJob SummaryTHIS IS A PRN DAY POSITIONProvide radiation therapy treatments and function as an essential member of the radiation oncology treatment ...
Radiologic Technologist II
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: PRNJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Radiologic Technologist II is an experienced Technologist who completes a variety of routine and specialized diagnostic radiology procedures ...
Radiologic Technologist II
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - F 7a - 3:30p Job Summary05/2016JOB SUMMARYThe Radiologic Technologist II is an experienced Technologist who completes a variety of ...