Houston Methodist Hospital
6565 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Physical Therapy
Job Type: PRN
Posted Date: Dec. 23, 2021
Physical Therapist who demonstrates the ability:
- To effectively evaluate patients referred for Physical Therapy
- To develop and implement effective, efficient Physical Therapy treatment programs
- To manage a case load of a variety of diagnoses
- To work a flexible schedule to assist the department in providing consistent provision of Physical Therapy, weekends and holidays, as well as during periods of high census.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs comprehensive patient evaluations, sets appropriate patient goals, develops effective treatment plans, and adheres to patient care and documentation timelines and guidelines per Department Policy and Procedure (10%) E.F.
- Provides safe, functionally relevant, and effective treatment interventions (10%) E.F.
- Plays an active role in the discharge planning process (D/C Rounds, Team Conferences, equipment recommendation/ordering, consulting with Care Manager, etc.) (10%) E.F.
- Supervises the clinical aspects of care delegated to technical and supportive personnel (5%) E.F.
- Strives to achieve high level of customer satisfaction (patients, physicians, co-workers, visitors, etc.) (10%)
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication, ability to deal with difficult situations, etc.) (10%) E.F.
- Works efficiently and effectively to achieve Department standard for productivity. Seeks work. Demonstrates the ability to manage a diverse load of patient diagnoses. (10%)
- Successfully completes all annual requirements on time for continued employment (10%) E.F.
- State Professional Licensure
- Job Skills Competency Assessment
- Age-specific Competency Assessment
- CPR Certification
- Mandatory Safety Tests
- Demonstrates the components of I CARE values statement and Service Pride standards. (10%) E.F.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards (10%)
- Performs other job-related duties as requested. (5%)
Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
Minimum of 1 year's experience.
Will consider new graduates with exceptional clinical affiliation experience and references.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current licensure with the Texas Executive Council of PT Examiners
Current Certificate in Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong interpersonal skills; must complete PT/OT Competency Assessment
upon hire and on annual basis
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. In 2020, U.S. News & World Report named Houston Methodist Hospital to its top ranked Honor Roll for the fourth time and second consecutive year. 2020 also marked the ninth year in a row Houston Methodist Hospital has been named the No. 1 hospital in Texas. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 952 operating beds, 85 operating rooms and over 8,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
The same high-quality care for which Houston Methodist is known is available at several Emergency Care Centers in Houston and the surrounding areas. These Emergency Care Centers house exam rooms, full digital radiography suite, low radiation dose 16-slice CT scan, ultrasound and a full on-site stat chemistry lab.