Category: Physical Therapy
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
(Wound Care Experience)
Subject matter expert in chosen area of therapy. Assess and plan treatment programs for patients relevant to physical dysfunction and implement by direct or delegated care as requested by physician. Serves as a professional care provider, educator, consultant and leader.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Adolescence (12-18 years), Young Adult (19-40 years), Middle Adult (40-65 years), and Mature Adult (65 years and older)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages clinical case load for designated team.
2. Able to manage a patient load larger than expected for a Therapist II, while still completing the other responsibilities.
3. Complete all patient documentation and enter charges for services provided. EF
4. May be responsible for functioning as chair of a program or research initiative.
5. Identifies and recommends process improvement opportunities within the department. May manage quality metrics and departmental analytics for the department.
6. Supervise those treatment delegated to PTA¿s and technicians. EF
7. Cooperate / collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding client¿s current treatment, progress and discharge planning. EF
8. Serves on professional association board, may serve as a guest lecture, participate in clinical research projects, or implement process improvement initiatives within the department.
9. Responsible for staff training and development and expansion of services. EF
10. Consistently provides education to patient, family and/or caregivers
11. Demonstrates ICARE Values. EF
12. Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards. EF
13. Follows all safety rules on the job. EF
14. Perform other job duties as assigned. EF
Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
Must meet competency requirements outlined for position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
Current licensure with the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners.
Certification from an appropriate accredited organization.
Current CPR Certification
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Mastery in clinical skills differentiation.
Utilizes standard Rehabilitation equipment as required
Ability to act as a clinical instructor, and provide training to students on clinical rotations.
Ability to function as an internal mentor within the department.
Understands and manages physician relationships and needs and helps expand the service line.
Developing ability to manage clinical case load of designated team.
Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel programs.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Physical Therapist In-Patient I
Houston Methodist St. Catherine Hospital, Katy, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - F Specialized inpatient care for those patients requiring a longer hospital staySpecialized inpatient care for those patients requiring a ...
Senior Physical Therapist
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYAt Houston Methodist, the Sr. PT is responsible for formal duties for a service line, shift and/or ...
Director of Rehabilitation Services
Houston Methodist St. John Hospital, Nassau Bay, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY: The Director for Center for Rehabilitation is responsible for strategic planning and operational management for the PT/OT/ST ...