Houston Methodist Academic Institute
6670 Bertner Ave
Houston, TX 77030
Category: Academic Institute
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: March 31, 2021
Performs basic research duties under the supervision/direction of a Physician (Principal Investigator).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops research methods and performs research activities. (EF)
- Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications. (EF)
- Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator's laboratory. (EF)
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values. (EF)
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
M.D. or Ph.D required
A letter from the academic institution certifying that all student work is complete will be considered for Postdoctoral Fellow 0 only.
Experience requirements will vary depending on the field of research.
Postdoctoral Fellow 0- no Postdoc experience required
Postdoctoral Fellow 1- one year of Postdoc experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 2 - two years of experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 3 - three years of postdoc experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 4 - four years of postdoc experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience in biomedical research required.
A cornerstone of Houston Methodist's strategic vision as a source for leading care, Houston Methodist Academic Institute conducts ground breaking translational and clinical research to provide the best care to patients in our community and around the world. At Houston Methodist, fostering innovations with the potential for clinical application is at the very heart of what we do. Our interdisciplinary teams of clinicians and researchers are committed to streamlining the process of translating discoveries into treatments and cures for our patients.