Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group
Houston, TX 77030
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: June 21, 2022
At Houston Methodist, the Process Optimization Specialist position is responsible for providing support to the hospital through research, analysis and recommendation of improvements in order to achieve operational efficiencies.Facilitates organizational efforts for business process improvement, change management, systems redesign and integration, and solution development.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
- Partners with frontline providers and operational leadership to identify areas for improvement (EF)
- Communicates effectively with end users, vendors, peers and management on system related topics and issues. (EF)
SERVICE - 25%
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other support departments to develop process solutions. (EF)
- Assists operational leadership in ensuring reported data and information is accurate, consistent, relevant and timely (EF)
- Educates and trains clients on the utilization and adaptation of systems. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Practices good time management skills ensuring the timely fulfillment of end user and team member service and support requests. (EF)
- Utilizes system tools and reports to proactively work with end users and team members enabling their ability to achieve data accuracy on a consistent basis. (EF)
- Ensures all reported data and information are accurate, consistent, relevant and timely. (EF)
FINANCE - 10%
- Identifies financial and statistical information needed to support decision makers and provides relevant, accurate and timely information(EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Collects and shares information through the exploration and integration of external and internal databases/sources (EF)
- Contributes ideas and potential process and procedure improvements on an ongoing basis based on end user support observations, experiences and requests. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor's degree required with additional four years of experience (in addition to the minimum experience requirement listed below) required in lieu of degree.
- Three years experience in decision support, clinical or business operations
- Experience training end users on system utilization preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train end users on system utilization preferred
- Basic knowledge of system integration and interface processes
- Basic problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Effective communication and user documentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to ensure customer expectations are met
- Proficient in use ofemail word, processing, excel, and powerpoint applications.
- Data analysis, export, manipulation and problem resolution skills
- Organizational skills including atteniton to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities and assignments simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Heath Care Industry (Clinical, Finance/Accounting, Research)preferred.
|Other (dept approved)||No|
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
|May require travel within||No|
|Houston Metropolitan area|| |
|May require travel outside||No|
|of Houston Metropolitan area|| |
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: N/A
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.