Work Shift: EVENING
Work Week: Varies
THIS IS A PRN 2nd SHIFT POSITION
The Radiologic Technologist I completes a variety of routine diagnostic radiology procedures to include X-ray, OR and Fluoroscopy procedures of moderate complexity utilizing digital radiography and fluoroscopy techniques. Provides direct assistance to physicians with all diagnostic / special procedures. Delivers exceptional patient care and adheres to radiation standards and guidelines established by radiology agencies to ensure optimal patient safety and customer service. The Technologist is a member of the direct patient care team. Note: some duties and responsibilities may not be applicable or expected to a lesser degree for PRN status employees; evidenced with an * at the end of the item.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to the hospital¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one other to achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive manner. EF
1. Performs diagnostic radiology procedures to include OR and Fluoroscopy procedures, as well as a variety of X-Ray exams. EF
2. Provides care for the physical needs of patients by executing various Radiologic concepts to maximize performance. This includes: positioning, physiology, procedure preparation, and technical factors. Modifies technical factors to achieve desired imaging results and recognizes complications / limitations associated with certain procedures. Proactively identifies how to address these for optimum outcomes. EF
3. Provides direct assistance to physicians during diagnostic or special procedures, including assisting with sterile technique.
1. Follows radiation safety standards and conducts all imaging procedures accordingly. Properly utilizes patient radiation protection and immobilization during diagnostic procedures. Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures, regularly practices aseptic techniques, and ensures compliance with infection control procedures. Complies with job, departmental and hospital safety standards, practices and policies. EF
2. Reports ¿near misses¿ and inputs errors promptly into PSN to improve processes and identify trends. Contributes to identification of corrective actions and improvement activities, and contributes to meeting departmental and hospital targets for quality and safety.
3. Ensures all imaging equipment has had QC performed as required and is in safe working order prior to use. Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed. EF
1. Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered. EF
2. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks.
1. Participates in departmental projects and shared governance activities*.
2. Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline competencies with a focus on continual development as a Technologist.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Graduate of an American Medical Association (AMA) approved Radiology Technology Program
0 years, with one year experience as a Radiologic Technologist highly preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiography (ARRT (R)) required; new graduates (0 years of experience) may be considered and if selected must obtain their ARRT (R) within 6 months of hire/transfer date
Registration as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT-GC) or Temp Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT-TMPGC) thru the Texas Medical Board
American Heart Association BLS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
to perform the Essential Functions of the Job Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills and competency assessments
Possesses basic computer knowledge; operates multiple computer systems to include, Hospital / Radiology Information Systems and Office software to maintain patient and exam documents.
Exhibits strong interpersonal and team player skills with all levels of the healthcare team and assures delivery of excellent customer service to all patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers.
Adapts to multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision including, organizing work flow and actively participating in problem-solving.
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Echo/Vascular Sonographer- Woodlands
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Echo/Vascular Sonographer is an experienced sonographer who regularly, versus occasionally, performs a variety of routine and ...
Manager, Radiology Services
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY: This position exists to ensure the delivery of high quality radiological services through cost effective management of ...
Registered Nurse (RN) II - Radiology Imaging--$10,000 Sign On and Referral Bonus
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: M - FJob SummaryTHIS JOB OPENING OFFERS A $10,000 SIGN-ON BONUSPosition hours are 3p-11pDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. LEADERSHIPa. Provides care to ...