Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The NTW RN Clinical Coordinator is responsible for, collaborating with the Nursing Management team. Will be responsible for the ongoing development and assessment of the quality of patient care for the assigned service lines of their home department.The RN Clinical Coordinator will assist with the standardization and efficiency of care for patients in the assigned service line throughout the continuum of patient care. The RN Clinical Coordinator models patient centered care in concert with The Methodist Hospital System¿s values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
¿ Not applicable
¿ Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
¿ Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
¿ Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
¿ Preschooler (3-6 years)
¿ School Age (6-12 years)
¿ Adolescence (12-18 years)
¿ Young Adult (19-40 Years)
¿ Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
¿ Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE ¿ 20%
1. Coordinates all aspects of patient care and development related to the assigned service line. Functions as a liaison with physicians and ancillary departments to ensure efficient patient flow for service line patients. (EF)
2. Provides direct patient care as the staff nurse leader to service line patients and leads the interdisciplinary team in implementing plan of care. (EF)
SERVICE ¿ 20%
1. Serves as a clinical resource for complex and/or highly specialized patient care situations to patient care providers and other health care professionals within the hospital and in the community. (EF)
2. Orients new employees, provides guidance and coaching, monitors performance, gives input in the evaluation of staff, and constructively influences team morale. (EF)
3. Assists patient care service staff in the patient/family education process related to designated service line.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
1. Actively participates in a wide range of performance improvement activities. Insures appropriate data is collected and submitted to appropriate databases for service lines supported. (EF)
2. Incorporates appropriate teaching and learning principles into the design and delivery of educational programs and materials.
FINANCE ¿ 20%
1. Maintains interdepartmental accountability for systems-related issues that impact quality patient care.
2. Participates in decisions impacting operational and capital needs.
GROWTH/INNOVATION ¿ 20%
1. Maintains personal professional development through organization membership.
2. Attends workshops and other educational programs, to ensure awareness of current developments and trends.
3. Participates in identifying needs, planning and implementing educational programs within the assigned service line areas for hospital health care providers, patients, families and/or community groups.
4. Develops, facilitates and participates with others in the development and presentation of health care provider and community educational programs in the assigned service line.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing; Bachelor¿s degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Minimum 5 years RN experience in an acute care setting. Leadership or Coordinator experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Registered nurse with current Texas license
BLS & ACLS through the American Heart Association
Other certifications as required by unit/service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
¿ Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
¿ Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Occupational Health Nurse (RN)
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryThe responsibilities of this position include organization, planning, development and implementation of the Occupational Health programs. Occupational Health ...
Registered Nurse (RN) III
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week: VariesJob SummaryThe RN III is a staff nurse, who as an advanced clinician functions at the Proficient level according to Benner`s ...
Registered Nurse II (RN)
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES 1. LEADERSHIP a. Provides care to increasingly complex patients and coordinates the interdisciplinary team. b. ...