Work Shift: 7p-7a
Work Week: 10 Shifts required as minimum availaabiley if needed per 4 week schedule 4 Weekend shifts per 4 week schedule 4 Required holidays (2 major) per calendar year
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. LEADERSHIP a. Provides care to increasingly complex patients and coordinates with the interdisciplinary team. (Quality/Safety) b. Identifies and presents areas for improvement in patient care or unit operations and offers solutions by participating in unit projects and shared governance activities. (Growth/Innovation) c. Identifies leadership opportunities for professional growth of peers. (People) d. Provides input into patient care resource utilization, including unit capital. e. Contributes to meeting departmental financial target on unit-based scorecard. (Finance)
2. PATIENT/FAMILY-CENTERED CARE a. Develops and updates plan of care in partnership with the patient and family using the nursing process, incorporating the patient`s priorities and abilities. (Service) b. Establishes mutual educational goals with patient and family, provides appropriate resources, incorporating planning for care after discharge. (Service ( c. Supports patients and families in preventing/resolving clinical or ethical issues. (Service) d. Contributes to meeting departmental target for patient satisfaction on unit-based scorecard. (Service)
3. CLINICAL JUDGEMENT/CRITICAL THINKING a. Follows the nursing process, modifies care based on continuous evaluation of the patient`s condition, demonstrates clinical problem-solving and critical thinking, and makes decisions using evidence-based analytical approach. (Quality/Safety) b. Plans for routine events and anticipates/prevents and manages/elevates emergent situations. (Quality/Safety) c. Contributes to meeting departmental targets for quality and safety measures on unit-based scorecard. (Quality/Safety)
4. COMMUNICATION a. Communicates in an active, positive and effective manner to all health care team members and reports pertinent patient care and family data in a comprehensive and unbiased manner, lis10s and responds to the ideas of others. (People) b. Uses a structured format for regular communication with patients and families, such as hourly rounding. (Quality/Safety) c. Uses therapeutic communication to establish a relationship with patients and families and communicates the plan of care. (Service)
5. TEAMWORK a. Manages usual patient assignment and other unit demands, completes patient care responsibilities in timely manner with accurate documentation, organizes multiple priorities and anticipates/plans for potential problems. (Quality/Safety) b. Uses downtime efficiently, aware of team members` workload, consis10tly offers assistance, and responds positively to requests for assistance from other team members. (People) c. Supportive of change initiatives. Adapts to unexpected changes. (Growth/Innovation) d. Able to effectively acclimate themselves to various work environments to achieve high quality care. (Quality/Safety)
6. SAFETY a. Reports ¿near misses¿ as well as errors promptly and consis10tly to improve systems and processes and identify trends. (Quality/Safety) b. Collaborates with staff from the interdisciplinary team concerning safety data to improve outcomes. (Quality/Safety) c. Implements unit and hospital initiatives to attain patient safety goals. (Quality/Safety)
7. EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE/RESEARCH a. Identifies areas for improvement based on understanding of evidence-based practice literature. Initiates evidence-based practice/performance improvement projects based on these observations. (Innovation/Growth) b. Identifies opportunity for practice changes. Researches the change and presents options to shared governance and leadership. (Quality/Safety) c. Assures that designated core measures are met in providing care. (Quality/Safety)
8. STAFF EDUCATION a. Identifies own learning needs, consults with healthcare team experts and seeks continuing education opportunities to meet those needs. (Growth/Innovation) b. Implements staff education specific to patient populations and unit processes; coaches and mentors other staff and students. (People)
9. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement.
10. Demonstrates SERVICE PRIDE standards.
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor hazards.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist West Hospital is committed to leading medicine in West Houston, Katy and surrounding communities by delivering the Houston Methodist standard of exceptional safety, quality, personalized service and innovation. The growing campus offers nearly 200 beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1300 employees, with access to the most innovative medical and surgical care available, including robotic and minimally invasive surgery, full-spectrum heart care, state-of-the-art imaging, cancer care, labor and delivery with a level II neonatal ICU, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics and sports medicine, outpatient rehabilitation and 24/7 emergency services.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Option A
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week: VariesJob SummaryMedical Center - NightsThe hospital based float RN is an experienced clinician who functions at the Competent or higher stage ...
Registered Nurse (RN) Flex Team Nights
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week: PRN Job SummaryThe unit specific flex RN is an experienced clinician who functions at the Competent or higher stage of Benner’s ...
Registered Nurse (RN) Flex Team Medical Surgical Days
Houston Methodist San Jacinto Hospital, Baytown, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: PRN - a minimum of six shifts per four week schedule, including two weekend shifts and 2 holidays per year (1 ...