- 946 operating beds
- 85 operating rooms
- 2,241 affiliated physicians
- 8,428 employees
- 40,861 inpatients
- 486,118 outpatients
- 43,127 emergency room visits
- More than 10,302 international patients from 86 countries
Registered Nurse II ( RN II ) - Radiation Oncology
We hold ourselves and the careers we build to a higher standard.
At Houston Methodist, nurses develop their skills through a wide range of educational programs, collaborate with physicians to provide the best care and build upon a world-class reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research. We hold ourselves — and the careers we build — to a higher standard. Our growing, inclusive health care system offers:
- Superior practice settings
- High safety standards
- Professional development & nursing education
- Meaningful collaboration with physicians
- Unparalleled support
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited School of Nursing
- Twelve months registered nurse experience in a healthcare environment
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Other credentials and certifications as defined by unit/service line
I CARE VALUES
We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
We embrace the whole person and respond to emotional, ethical and spiritual concerns as well as physical needs.
We hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Chief Nursing Executive
Houston Methodist Hospital
“Come be part of the Houston Methodist nursing team. Houston Methodist provides the best environment for nurses to provide exceptional patient care. We support nurses’ mental, physical, and spiritual well-being alongside a clinical career path.”
About Houston Methodist Hospital
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation’s leading centers for medical education and research. In 2022, U.S. News & World Report named Houston Methodist Hospital to its prestigious Honor Roll for the sixth time. Also, in this year’s rankings, Houston Methodist Hospital was named the No. 1 hospital in Texas for the 11th year in a row. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 946 operating beds, 85 operating rooms and nearly 8,500 employees, Houston Methodist Hospital offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Awards and Distinctions
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence - American College of Radiology
- ELSO Gold Level Center of Excellence Award - Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients
- Best Hospitals Honor Roll - U.S. News & World Report (2022-2023)
- Ranked the No. 1 hospital in Texas - U.S. News & World Report (2022-2023)
- Nationally Ranked Hospital in 10 Adult Specialties - U.S. News & World Report (2022-2023)
- Magnet Recognition for Outstanding Nursing - American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Certificate of Distinction for Primary Stroke Centers - DNV-Det Norske Veritas
- Certificate of Distinction for Ventricular Assist Device - DNV-Det Norske Veritas
- Texas Health Care Quality Improvement Award of Excellence - TMF Health Quality Institute
- Initial Performance Achievement Award - American Heart Association
- Sustained Performance Achievement Award - American Heart Association
- Guardian of Excellence Award® - Press Ganey