Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The Client Management Consultant will be the revenue cycle liaison for designated departments within the Physician Organization (PO). This individual will be responsible for building and maintaining collaborative and productive relationships within the organization, managing revenue cycle projects, driving performance in operations related to revenue and providing direction and oversight of processes impacting cash collections.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the primary source of knowledge for Department¿s revenue cycle performance
- Establishes an ongoing working relationship with Department Administrators and Physicians
- Bridges communication channels between the department, the PO Centralized Business Office (PO CBO) and the Single Billing Office (SBO)
- Works closely with the operations staff to complete work queue and front end operations activity that directly impact the revenue cycle to accurately process actions in a timely manner for optimal reimbursement
- Establishes continuous training and learning opportunities for staff members
Quality & Safety: 40%
- Performs analysis, identifies trends, presents opportunity areas, and prioritizes initiatives for performance improvement in a variety of areas, including but not limited to: coding, claim submission, insurance and self-pay collections, refunds and write-off approvals. Key metrics to review include:
o Accounts Receivable (AR) Days
o AR over 120 Days
o Cash collections
o Avoidable write-offs
o Charge lag
o Credentialing issues
o Front end work queue volumes
o Bad Debt
- Coordinates with PO CBO Management team and SBO Management team to ensure thorough understanding of trends/issues affecting the Department¿s revenue cycle performance
- Tracks on-going performance of revenue cycle metrics and activities to ensure Department, PO CBO and SBO needs and goals are met
- Leads monthly meetings with Department Administrators and Physicians to review key metrics, trends and performance improvement opportunities (staff training, physician coordination, policy/process revisions, etc.)
- Develops goals to link department and revenue cycle initiatives with the organization¿s strategy
- Ensures accurate and timely filing of all insurance applications and tax ID change information by coordinating with the Practice Administrator and Physician Organization
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and correct minor safety hazards.
- Demonstrates SERVICE PRIDE standards
- Demonstrates and support the Houston Methodist vision, mission and ICARE values statement
- Participates in and ensures compliance within regulatory and Houston Methodist policies, practices and standards; coordinate training opportunities as needed
- Ensures protection of private health and personal information. Adhere to all HIPAA and PCI compliance regulations.
- Prepares timely reports on the financial status of each physician¿s practice monthly and meet with the Administrator, faculty and staff to review status. Present this data at monthly department revenue cycle meetings.
- Coordinates with the assigned CFO to obtain accurate and timely month-end financial reports
- Manages and monitors an efficient and effective revenue cycle designed to maximize revenues while adhering to compliance policies and procedures. Serves as Department - --Administrator's primary resource for revenue cycle-related questions or concerns.
- Leads committees and task forces needed to support revenue cycle initiatives for assigned departments. Demonstrates the ability to plan, direct and delegate tasks while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manages Legacy (Athena) AR performance through run-out and transition to Epic®
- Develops, manages and monitors successful completion of implementation plans
- Acts as a lead consultant/educator on performance improvement requirements in operations and methodologies to revenue cycle teams, medical staff, other patient care, physician and hospital departments
- Continuously seeks new and creative technologies that help identify and guide improvement opportunities that align with overall PO CBO success
Bachelors Degree in business or healthcare
5 years of experience in medical billing and insurance collections
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficient in computer accounting programs, Microsoft Excel, medical terminology, basic coding knowledge and medical billing systems
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations and external customers
- Ability to develop, implement and produce complex reports
- Ability to motivate and create a team environment, prioritize work distribution, exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational, problem solving and team player skills
- Excellent project management skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects
- Ability to navigate across multiple customer demands and balance competing priorities successfully
- Ability to analyze, identify and articulate identified trends and report trends succinctly in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to focus on problem or task and articulate a resolution in a prompt, productive and efficient manner. Recognizes, evaluates, solves problems and corrects errors.
- Ability to think critically and identify the global impact across the revenue cycle with a solution oriented approach
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information
- Independent action and judgment is required subject of general business-wide policies
- Requires strong leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop staff
- Requires strong project management skills
- Requires strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Analytical skills required
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
Recruiter PRN - Nursing
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummarySUMMARY The Recruiter identifies business needs from a resourcing perspective through working closely with clients, finding and attracting ...
Systems Analyst- Administration
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryAs an integral member of the Business Analytics & Reporting Team, the Business Analyst is responsible for assisting ...
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week: M - F, possible weekndsJob SummaryTo assist in the delivery of patient care and services to defined patient groups and their ...