Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
The Systems and Training Analyst is responsible for facilitating ongoing support for all Practice Management Systems utilized by the PO. The Analyst will be responsible for the execution of various tasks, including helpdesk assistance, training, configuration and implementation support by adhering to Revenue Cycle Policies and Procedures. This position works closely with all PO Management Teams and Departments to ensure the quality, validity, and integrity of all training.
System and department specific ICARE values
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as a Subject Matter Expert on all practice management systems and serves as a resource to others in the organization
- Develops and conducts training programs for all PO departments
- Collaborates with newly implemented practices, monitoring revenue management closely through weekly audits
- Acts as liaison between the customer and the technical team, making teamwork and collaborative skills essential
- Conducts post go-live training and a final post go-live audit and prepares practice to be turned over to support
- Plans and organizes a wide range of training for all PO departments for efficient use of funds
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert on all revenue cycle policies and procedures and serve as a resource to others in the organization
- Diagnoses and addresses end user problems as they arise and provides solutions
- Assesses thoroughness and appropriateness of practice management content configuration and suggest improvements to drive Revenue Cycle Productivity
- Resolves application errors as it relates to accounts receivables, 837 electronic claims, payment posting and reporting
- Creates, maintains and disseminates training material; process maps and other documentation to PO Revenue Cycle staff and management
- Builds practice management databases based on practice specific workflows
- Reviews and recommends proposed technical solution logic and facilitates discussions between the various technical groups (e.g., developers, DBAs, network services)
- Documents and follows implementation plan by providing current and accurate information relative to the progress of the project
- Documents and resolves technical issues and/or support items submitted by PO staff
- Ensures protection of private health and personal information. Adheres to all HIPAA and PCI compliance regulations.
- Provides scheduled (department- wide) training sessions to employees on practice management systems, billing procedures, Revenue Cycle Policies and Procedures and other software systems used to enhance the Revenue Cycle for PO
- Performs various revenue cycle functions as required to effectively train and audit processes
- Identifies and validates business objectives, and generate solutions that align with Methodist's technology strategy and standards
Associates Degree; Bachelor's degree in education, healthcare or computer science preferred
Minimum of 3 progressive years in a similar healthcare environment (healthcare, physician practice management, technology, teaching or training)
Emdeon® or Epic® experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Practice Management Certification(s) i.e. Epic®, NextGen®, AthenaNet®
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including Access, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable of operational and technical Revenue Cycle Processes and AR Management
- Knowledgeable of medical terminology and coding usage as related to electronic claims submission
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at once
- Strong ability to create and maintain spreadsheets, logs, and documentation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate articulately (verbal and written) to all levels of authority.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized
- Possesses good organizational skills and can organize tasks, schedule, work area, and ideas to maturity
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, prioritize projects and work independently with attention to detail
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, customer service and interpersonal skills and operate under strict confidentiality due to the significant amount of PHI
- Ability to think critically and identify the global impact across the revenue cycle with a solution oriented approach
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation’s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist has brought together some of the nation’s leading experts in multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice within an academic environment.
Continuing Medical Education Senior Coordinator
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryPlan and execute CME conferences for TMHS. Oversee process development and cross-departmental involvement in identifying, planning, executing and ...
Continuing Medical Education Coordinator
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryPlans and executes assigned Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities at The Methodist Hospital System.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Builds ...
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - F Specialized inpatient care for those patients requiring a longer hospital staySpecialized inpatient care for those patients requiring a ...