Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
This position will be located in the Pathology ADMIN Department.
The Revenue Integrity Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate charges are assigned and entered into the system for patients in Patient Accounting; accurately enters data and makes edits as required; performs data integrity checks and daily reconciliation of charges and accounts; assists in auditing and in correcting documentation issues; generates, analyzes, copies, and distributes reports as directed by management; works with other departments to reconcile errors to ensure charges are appropriate; supports the multidisciplinary team in delivering high quality, cost effective care; and promotes good customer relations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs data entry of clinical and/or operational information from worksheets and other data collection and reporting tools. Accurately enters all data into applicable databases ensuring timeliness and prevention of backlog. Identifies errors, performs problem solving, makes edits and updates records accordingly.
2. Batches and transmit charges via appropriate systems. Reconciles entries daily to ensure data integrity.
3. Maintains and organizes source data and storage files associated with data management activities, runs data analyses and reports as directed.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the hospital systems and serves as a resource to department staff.
5. Performs all associated tasks with data entry including copying, sorting, proofing, editing, mailing, faxing and general distribution.
6. Organizes work flow, problem-solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision.
7. Receives information from various sources that is assimilated and communicated in an accurate, timely, and effective manner.
8. Effectively communicates with management and staff. Maintains positive interaction with department staff as required for communication concerning data entry status, comple10ess, or other information concerns.
9. Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to maintaining an environment that assures all customers, all individuals, are treated with dignity and respect. Generally works well with others to make contributions to the work effort as a whole and facilitates problem resolution. Employee actively participates in making recommendations for improving working relationships in the department/unit.
10. Displays initiative to improve accuracy and timeliness of charge capture and documentation.
11. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
12. Demonstrates the components of I CARE values statement. Demonstrates ServicePride standards.
13. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Director Call Center-Willowbrook
Houston Methodist Primary Care Group, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryPOSITION SUMMARYThe ACM Call Center Director provides visible and proactive leadership to clients, internal partners, leaders and Call ...
Market Research Analyst
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryTracks brand imagery and marketplace performance and stewards results to the marketing team and broader HM organization. Conducts ...
International Referral Spclst-HMG Methodist USA
Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services, International
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYServes as the central point of contact for all incoming inquiries from patients, physicians, and guarantors to ...