Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
The Woodlands, TX 77385
- Job Ref:
- Talent Area:
- Support Services
- Job Shift:
- 1st - Day
- Job Type:
- Posted Date:
- May 21, 2021
The Scheduler II is responsible for scheduling and registering patients for multiple services, including but not limited to admissions, surgical procedures and diagnostic testing, utilizing computerized scheduling and registration systems with multiple software applications. Professional and excellent customer service interactions required with all levels of staff, management, physicians, patients and families. Accurately obtains information to properly schedule and register services. May be located in clinical settings interacting in-person with patients, physicians and clinicians, and/or in centralized scheduling and registration locations including call center environments. Responsible for obtaining clinical information to schedule appropriately and secure the account. Uses analytical thinking, independent judgment and clinical knowledge to adjust service area schedules and accommodate special requests from internal and external customers. The Scheduler II is a leadership position requiring working closely with management to meet or exceed departmental goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
medical terminology. Must maintain a record of above average performance. EF
- Demonstrates mastery of Ancillary and OR scheduling process and software. Obtains and inputs accurate registration data, such as patient demographics, insurance information and clinical data. Schedules and registers multiple services with multiple departments utilizing computerized scheduling and registration systems. Balances departmental resources, utilization requirements and addresses physician/patient requests or needs. Obtains required data to support hospital clinical/financial needs. Utilizes courteous and professional telephone techniques and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain rapport with patients, physicians/office staff and hospital personnel. Maintains patient confidentiality. Appropriately utilizes ACD telephone system. Works in a leadership role with Coordinator and Management staff. Demonstrates a proficiency in English, written and verbal. Demonstrates a proficiency in
Identifies and assigns correct medical record numbers. EF
Uses unscheduled time off appropriately and in accordance with hospital and departmental policy and procedures. EF
Is at workstation on time. Returns from breaks and meal periods on time. EF
Demonstrates ICARE Values. Complies with Business Practices Standards. EF
Demonstrates Service Pride Standards. EF
Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor
safety hazards. EF
- Accepts and performs other job-related duties as they are assigned. EF
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Some college preferred.
Minimum two years experience in a medical setting or call center environment. Preferably, at least two years of direct hospital scheduling.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum typing skills of 40 wpm.
- Excellent spelling and grammar abilities.
- Proficient in medical terminology, including diagnoses, surgical and diagnostic procedures.
- Has completed OR cross-training.
- Working knowledge of PC environment using Windows and word processing.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital opened in 2017 as the eighth hospital in the Houston Methodist system. This full-service, acute care hospital offers many of the same services as our flagship hospital in the Texas Medical Center. With 187 operating beds, 15 operating rooms and more than 1,800 employees, Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital provides comprehensive, personalized care for residents of Montgomery County and the surrounding areas.