Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: To be determined
Maintain safe and secure environment for patients, staff and visitors by patrolling and monitoring hospital premises and personnel. Provides assistance with personal protection, traffic control and emergency response services. May employ approved defensive tactics to ensure patient, staff and visitor safety.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Select the applicable age group(s) of primary customers/patients served by this position.
¿ Not applicable
¿ Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
¿ Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
¿ Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
¿ Preschooler (3-6 years)
¿ School Age (6-12 years)
¿ Adolescence (12-18 years)
¿ Young Adult (19-40 Years)
¿ Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
¿ Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
1. Shows appropriate on stage behavior utilizing the AIDET and the ICARE VALUES(EF)
2. Maintains high customer satisfaction while providing the highest level of safety and security to patients, visitors, staff and assets (EF)
3. Uses professional telephone etiquette when answering HMH business phones; uses positive language(EF)
4. Actively responds to those who need physical assistance or may be lost(EF)
5. Demonstrates a positive attitude of teamwork and cooperation(EF)
1. Secures premises and personnel by patrolling facilities; monitoring surveillance cameras; monitoring access points permitting entry as needed(EF)
2. Monitors all radio communications and responds accordingly(EF)
3. Provides assistance to all emergency situations(EF)
4. Communicates with supervisors and manager on tasks, process and procedures(EF)
5. Knowledgeable of all Public Safety Policies and Procedures(EF)
6. Provides a consistent and exceptional level of service daily(EF)
1. Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities. Interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures(EF)
2. Responds immediately to all codes(EF)
3. Uses 5 W¿s (Who, What, When, Why, Where) effectively. (EF)
4. Always presents self in a professional manner by adhering to the Public Safety Uniform Policy(EF)
5. Understand HIPAA and Patient confidentiality compliance(EF)
6. Assists in providing a clean and safe environment for patient care (EF)
1. Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures(EF)
2. Maintains organization¿ stability and reputation by complying with ALL legal requirements and policies(EF)
3. Demonstrates emergency preparedness knowledge, participates in drills and actual events according to the emergency preparedness plan. (EF)
4. Fully participates in Focal Point Review and Employee Opinion Survey(EF)
5. Utilizes and maintains HMH and department equipment according to manufacturer specifications(EF)
1. Implements actions that promote workplace safety and proactively prevents workplace violence. (EF)
2. Participate in training to improve Public Safety skill set(EF)
3. Understand and acknowledge all department communication(email; bulletin boards) (EF)
4. Supports hospital and department initiatives(EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Must have a High School diploma or GED. .
Must have a minimum of three years of law enforcement or military or security related experience with a special emphasis on customer service
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Must have or be able to obtain a Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Registration non-commissioned card. Must possess a current Texas Driver¿s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
¿ Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
¿ Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
¿ Must have the ability to multi task and function calmly in stressful situations.
¿ Must possess strong customer service skills.
¿ Must learn or have a competent knowledge of basic computer software.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: NIGHT-Part TimeWork Week: Weekend Sat-Sun 6p-6a Job SummaryThis positions supports 290 Cypress Emergency DepartmentSUMMARY: Provides basic security related services, investigations, personal protection, traffic ...
Security Representative - Nights
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
Work Shift: NIGHTWork Week: Work will vary Will work alternate weekends Job SummarySUMMARY: Provides basic security related services, investigations, personal protection, traffic control assignments, and ...
Security Representative - Evenings
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital, Sugar Land, TX
Work Shift: EVENINGWork Week: PRN (As needed)Job SummarySUMMARY: Provides basic security related services, investigations, personal protection, traffic control assignments, and emergency response services. Represents Public ...