Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
SUMMARY: Plans, analyzes, designs, implements, tests, and maintains standalone and Internet/Intranet applications offered by the department, as directed by management. Responsible for the implementation of security and the performance monitoring of applications. Reviews and redesigns existing applications as needed, implements new applications with database and inter-system connectivity. Assists in the technical management of applications and servers, including software installation, configuration, testing, and file management. Works in conjunction with other team members in the development of software with emphasis on programming, testing, and implementation of applications accross varied layers and platforms. Acts as or assists the Technical Lead in developing the architecture, design, and implementation of software applications.
1. Ability to work with team members within the assigned project, and/or department effort.
2. Strong oral and written communication skills. Must properly engage and interface with all stakeholders within or outside the organization.
3. Foster relationships and engage in regular communications within the department, IT and the organization at large.
4. Ability to lead the team in the execution of a project
1. Utilize department resources and supplies effectively.
2. Identify cost saving or revenue opportunities
3. Manage time effectively to meet established and committed deadlines.
1. Ability to develop applications that utilize set standards to ensure the highest quality.
2. Ensure written software is tested and meets the expectations of the stakeholder per previously discussed and accepted requirements.
3. Execute daily, iteration and project level tasks on time and within committed timeframes.
4. Lead in the design and implementation of application layers.
5. Lead in the design and implementation of small and mid sized projects
1. Respond promptly to internal and external customer requests.
2. Strive to meet and exceed patients¿ and coworkers¿ expectations.
3. Mentor and guide team members in achieving standards set by management in order to achieve high quality of software produced.
1. Stay abreast of emerging technology trends and methodologies.
2. Pursue knowledge of new technologies that improve productivity, workflow, production, efficiency, and effectiveness.
3. Seek out innovative technologies that provide solutions to new ideas, trends, and concepts.
This position description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. The Houston Methodist Hospital reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor¿s degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar.
10 years developing in the .NET platform
10 years of experience developing N-Tier applications.
10 years developing applications using WebForms
5 years developing applications using ASP.NET MVC
10 years with database systems such as SQL Server and Oracle
10 years using Service Oriented Architecture such as WCF and REST services
Healthcare industry experience a plus.
Experience in projects that use Agile methodologies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
MCSD certification highly desired
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
¿ Demonstrated ability to achieve results under limited supervision.
¿ Ability to effectively participate in multiple, competing, high-priority projects with varying deadlines.
¿ Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
¿ Ability to think analytically with strong problem solving skills.
¿ Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
¿ Ability to interact effectively with individuals from different countries and cultures, with a sensitivity to cultural diversity.
¿ Ability to organize workload for effective implementation of multiple concurrent projects.
¿ Motivated self starter with initiative.
¿ Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
¿ Experience with software modeling tools like MS Visio a plus
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Application Analyst II- Business Ancillary System
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary03/2017JOB SUMMARYThe Application Analyst II is responsible for intermediate level support and configuration of assigned applications including but ...
Senior Applications Analyst- Radiation Oncology
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary04/2016JOB SUMMARYThe Sr. Application Analyst performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, ...
Applications Analyst III - Provider Solutions
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary04/2016JOB SUMMARYThe Application Analyst III performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications. The position entails assisting, ...