Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of large to enterprise scale and complexity technology projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame, funding parameters and requirements. Executes the project plans and activities following project management best practices ensuring quality and integrity of the information throughout the entire life cycle of the project.
Neonate (Birth to 28 days)
Infants/Toddlers (29 days to 18 months)
Toddler (18 months to 3 years)
Preschooler (3-6 years)
School Age (6-12 years)
Adolescence (12-18 years)
Young Adult (19-40 Years)
Middle Adult (40-65 Years)
Mature Adult (65 years and older)
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage customer¿s expectations.
2. Communicate project information to stakeholders.
3. Educate stakeholders on project management.
4. Validate work plan, duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority with management.
5. Provide advice to management.
6. Lead project-related meetings.
7. Lead, coach and motivate project team members.
1. Plan and organize projects.
2. Understand scope and objectives of the project.
3. Assist with formulating and defining scope and objectives of the project.
4. Establish project governance.
5. Determine time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project.
6. Determine staffing requirements, and allotment of available department resources to various phases of the project.
7. Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
8. Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule, within budget and to expected quality and scope.
9. Prepare reports for management, client and others.
10. Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
11. Coordinate project activities with activities of business unit(s).
12. Establish and lead go-live command centers.
13. Close all project activities at the end of the project and transition to operations.
1. Negotiate vendor contract terms and conditions to insure quality of project deliverables.
2. Negotiate vendor contract payment milestone amounts and timing to warrant expected vendor performance.
3. Establish the project quality plan, including the application of testing standards.
4. Establish the project risks and mitigation plans.
5. Facilitate resolution of project issues as they occur.
6. Adhere to standards and procedures for project initiation, planning, execution, control, monitoring, and closure defined by the Portfolio & Process Management Office.
7. Adhere to standards and procedures for project documentation and reporting.
8. Maintain project site.
9. Update project documentation.
10. Provide training on project standards and procedures.
1. Assist Project Sponsor and Project Owner with estimating project cost.
2. Assist Project Sponsor and Project Owner with defining project benefits.
3. Prepare the Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) for the project and assist IT Financial Analyst with the approval process.
4. Manage Purchase Orders (PO) and Invoices throughout the project life cycle.
5. Verify consultants (contract labor) time and expenses.
6. Report on project cost information.
7. Close all project expenditure at the end of the project.
1. Propose opportunities to improve the Portfolio & Process Management Office.
2. Lead improvement initiatives by planning, implementing and ensuring adoption.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline with an information technology focus
8+ years of successful experience in implementing large to enterprise scale and complex projects, preferably in a healthcare environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
PMP certification preferred, Prosci certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
¿ Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
¿ Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
¿ Project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
¿ Ability to deliver projects using leading-edge technology.
¿ Solid understanding of current technologies.
¿ Solid knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
¿ Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
¿ Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
¿ Ability to operate under a dual reporting relationship (IT, customers).
¿ Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products:
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
Senior IT Project Manager
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary06/2015JOB SUMMARYPlans, directs, and coordinates activities of large to enterprise scale and complexity technology projects to ensure that ...
Server Engineer II
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary04/2016JOB SUMMARYA member of the Server Engineering team, the Server Engineer II, develops & executes test plans, installs ...
Senior Training Specialist- Ambulatory
Corporate, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob Summary02/2016JOB SUMMARYThe Senior Training Specialist will plan, develop, analyze, and lead Epic training projects to a wide variety ...