Category: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: Sept. 16, 2019
Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Note: Candidates with Instructional Design background strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for executive education. In close cooperation with leadership at all levels, the Senior OD Training Specialist designs, implements and updates new and revised Houston Methodist learning solutions with a focus on leadership and professional development. Manages learning program content, implementation, program delivery and follow-up using industry standard evaluation metrics. Provides direction, training needs assessments, instructional design, reporting, and recommendations for the utilization of face to face, blended and e-learning content. Delivers a portfolio of training programs and courses serving audiences from front line management to senior executive leadership. The Sr. OD Training Specialist demonstrates broad knowledge and application of of the principles, theories and practices of learning and development with strong research skills and proven ability to analyze current and emerging trends (best practices) in the industry and to synthesize and tailor complex information to the written word for the development of effective collateral materials. They help track and identify gaps and maintain learning and development records. Expertise in soft skill training is expected. Exceptional facilitation and communication skills required to deliver in an executive education format.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
I. Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
II. Focuses on patient/customer safety
III. Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
IV. Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
V. Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
VI. Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities are cross-referenced to Houston Methodist¿s Pillars of Excellence and will be transferred to the Performance Evaluation.
PEOPLE - 25%
1. Implements and delivers training to various end users for computer and non-computer training needs throughout the Hospital System using various delivery techniques.
2. Maintains strong interpersonal relationships with all customers and stakeholders.
3. Assists in facilitation of existing programs including but not limited to New Employee Orientation, New Manager Orientation and Academy Leadership tracks.
SERVICE - 25%
1. Provides assistance in coordination and execution of various initiatives which support the department and Houston Methodist entities.
2. Manages and brokers vendor-based learning content including evaluation of content, rollout, marketing, and utilization of vendor materials
3. In collaboration with clients and SME¿s, delivers internally-developed and vendor-based training to achieve training and compliance goals.
4. Develops new learning options utilizing current curriculum development principles and practices for traditional classroom and online learning such as simulations, self-study courses, storyboards, scripting, job aids, etc. for the organization.
5. Creates innovative and leading edge learning experiences to improve performance and productivity utilizing the 70-20-10 framework.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
1. Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing evaluation strategy. Measures the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions and monitor their ongoing impact. Analyzes and shares key learning. Provides recommendations based on findings.
2. Recognizes potential projects and training opportunities, and manages the completion of those projects, providing projected timelines.
3. Utilizes a variety of software applications to create/compose learning solution options.
4. Coordinates training schedules and the tracking of attendance, competence, course evaluation, any needed re-training and master training calendar
5. Conducts training needs assessments on a departmental, service line, hospital and system basis.
6. Incorporates appropriate policies and procedures into training material.
7. Assists data gathering, analysis and reporting of metrics and quarterly dashboard from multiple sources, ex. Learning Management System (LMS).
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
FINANCE - 10%
1. Manages projects and training activities so that all affected parties are involved, gap analyses are completed and subsequent projects are completed on time, in scope and on budget.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Supports in the development of training long-term tactics, strategies, and business/training models.
2. Keeps abreast of competition, competitive issues, industry, and innovation in the field of instructional design and performance improvement.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelors degree required in OD, industrial psychology, education, communications, HR management or related field.
Masters degree preferred.
At least 5 years of experience in a training role.
Prefer healthcare experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Vendor certification in facilitation and assessment tools preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Proficient in powerpoint, excel and presentation software.
Skilled facilitator who can quickly adapt training approaches and tools and present effectively to all levels of the organization.
Experience in executive education design and delivery
Instructional design skills, including adult learning principles and learning styles.
Excellent analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, verbal, and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and follow through.
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent verbal and written communication
Flexible/ability to adapt to people and situations for best outcomes
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hospital” list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of “100 Best Companies To Work For” since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.
Sr HR Generalist
Houston Methodist West Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThis position exists to provide consultative support for workforce issues that impact the overall operational strategy for ...
Human Resources Specialist
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Human Resources Specialist performs moderately complex HR activities related to employee records, HR information and data ...
Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX
Work Shift: DAYWork Week: M - FJob SummaryJOB SUMMARYThe Recruiter identifies business needs from a resourcing perspective through working closely with clients, finding and attracting ...